You're on your own

Taehyung stretched as he walked through the first floor corridors of college, leaving the class that he had just finished behind. He needed to go to the bathroom but rather took the one a floor lower because it was smaller and no one ever really went there and (he could avoid his classmates this way).

He skipped down the stairs and pushed open the big grey door that led to the bathroom in the basement that was flanked with weird statues of old Greeks. When stepping in, he accidently bumped the door against someone that had wanted to walk out.

He stopped in his tracks and immediately bowed his head down in apology, "I'm so sorry".

The boy he slammed the door into, was rubbing his arm but smiled nonetheless. "It's alright", the light pink haired boy shook his head, "You couldn't know ".

It was the first person that had actually been somewhat nice to him and Taehyung felt his courage flicker inside of him. Maybe this boy could become his first friend in college if he could just manage to strike a conversation with him. "I-uh I like your choker", he pointed out, the black thing tightly wrapped around the boy's neck.

The boy glanced down and suddenly let out a laugh, "This is not a choker".

"I-It's not?", Taehyung questioned and now that he examined it further, he noticed that it looked more than a belt than anything. "What is it?"

"You don't know what this is?", the boy asked, clearly surprised at this piece of newfound information. He stared at Taehyung for a second before he opened his mouth and let out a small noise, "Oh this makes so much sense now".

Taehyung took a small step back, feeling kind of weird with the boy staring at him like that. "What do you mean?" He wasn't sure about being friends with this guy anymore.

"Here", he stuck out his hand, "I'm Woozi. I'm a fellow male omega and I'm about to educate you".

The blonde stared at the hand reached out to him and tentatively took it in his before shaking the hand that was much smaller than his. "My name's Taehyung and I'm very confused".

Woozi waited outside as Taehyung took a concerned toilet break before he joined the other's side and walked outside with him. "Let's go to a coffee shop. I'm craving chocolate cake at the moment", the boy spoke, his steps aligning with Taehyung's as he guided him to a nearby coffee shop.

It was the first time Taehyung was spending time after class with someone that went to his college and for some reason it made his heart a bit lighter. The boy was a tad strange, he admitted, and he feared the education he was about to get.

"This is my favorite place", Woozi informed him when the stopped in front of a cozy looking place, "I go here with my friends all the time".

Taehyung strained a smile at that and followed the other inside, the pink head immediately beelining to a table in the corner which was secluded and next to a big window that overlooked the back garden where a cat was lazing in the sun. "I love it here", Woozi smiled before shoving a menu card into Taehyung's hands, "I already know my order but take your time finding something".

"Thank you", Taehyung mumbled before scanning the menu. He remembered going to a café like this with Jungkook, way before they became mates. He had ordered a banana shake for him and had paid for Jungkook as well because he had found out about the boy's lack of money.

He hadn't realized he had spaced out until a hand was waving in front of his vision and when he looked up Woozi was chuckling. "Lost you for a moment there".

"Sorry", Taehyung ducked his head down, embarrassment flooding his system. He hadn't properly looked at the menu yet and instead thought of Jungkook – like usual. "I think I'll take the- strawberry milkshake".

The pink haired boy pouted at him, "No cake?"

"No cake", Taehyung repeated, not quite ready to admit that he didn't exactly have a lot of money that he could waste on delicious but expensive treats. It was crazy how just a year ago he was treating Jungkook to cakes like these and now, he couldn't afford them either.

Woozi told their orders to the waiter that headed towards their table and five minutes later their order was sitting right in front of his face. "Alright, now that we have our treats, I'll begin to educate you", the pink haired boy said, fork digging into the chocolate cake that was decorated with little stars, "This thing around my neck which you called a choker is, actually, a collar".

Taehyung looked up from his milkshake, a deep frown on his features as he watched Woozi loop a finger around the belt like accessory. "A collar? Like dogs wear?"

Woozi broke out in a warm laugh and shook his head, "I can't believe you don't know about collars. Yes, dogs wear collars but no, this is not a collar a dog would wear. This one is for humans".

"Those exist?", Taehyung questioned, feeling really out of place with the way Woozi was staring at him, "Should I have known about these?"

The boy let out a breathy chuckle and dropped his fork, now leaning onto his elbows, "You're from a small village aren't you?"

"Yeah, I guess so", Taehyung frowned and stared back down at his strawberry milkshake, watching a lonely strawberry floating in the cold liquid.

Woozi smiled and leaned back, now folding his hands, "Figures. You see, here in Seoul people care a whole lot about monogamy and such. You might have noticed people looking at you weirdly?"

"People don't seem wanting to be my friend", Taehyung mumbled, eyes casting to the side as he wondered why he had said that out loud to someone he barely knew.

"When an omega is mated with an alpha or beta, they get a collar like this", Woozi tugged at the black belt around his neck, "You can see it as a sort of promise ring. When someone is mated but doesn't wear a collar, it means the wolves either mated on accident, don't carry feelings for each other or the omega refuses to belong to someone".

Taehyung's eyes flitted back up at that, his whole face portraying one sole emotion, shock. "So- people think I'm resisting my alpha? Or that I mated on accident?", he croaked out.

"You also bear two different bite marks", Woozi hummed, his eyes trailing to the two teeth marks on the boy's exposed collarbone. Taehyung's hand flew up to cover both of them. "That's why people have been acting so strange around me?" he swallowed with great difficulty.

"Yes, I now understand you didn't know", Woozi sighed and grabbed back onto the fork he had stabbed into the cake, "People here try to avoid omegas like that as much as they can".

"I- I didn't know", Taehyung breathed out, "I can totally explain why I have two bite marks on me and why I'm not wearing a collar – my mate doesn't know about it either so-"

"I get it Taehyung, it's alright", Woozi smiled, "I'll introduce you to my friends tomorrow, okay? I can't let you go around friendless like this. That's just cruel".

Taehyung's jaw went slack before a genuine bright smile fell onto his lips. "T-thank you".

The next chance he got to talk with Jungkook, he'd have to tell him about this. He wasn't liking the thought of people assuming he was some kind of omega that didn't belong to anyone.

He belonged to Jungkook. And Jungkook belonged to him.

btw this book doesn't have a bad ending because I don't do bad endings. it also will have as much angst as Nicotine had.