What you have and what is yours

Taehyung was incredibly upset while his wolf felt nothing but relief. Being out in nature, wind ruffling through the brown fur and mud sticking to paws, it was everything a wolf wanted.

It was no secret that Taehyung's wolf wasn't all that fond of Jungkook's. The alpha was a second choice, and although Taehyung's wolf had accepted the mark and submitted, it didn't mean he necessarily liked being around him all that much.

Far behind them the thuds of Jungkook's paws hitting the muddy ground could be heard, but Taehyung paid it no mind.

He wanted to enjoy being free, being wild, being back in nature in his wolf form. He wished Jungkook would've just stayed at the tent and let him roam around on his own because there was no single cell in Taehyung's body that wanted to confront the alpha again.

Jungkook was quicker and more skilled so it was no surprise when he caught up with Taehyung quite early. He jumped over the omega and halted, effectively blocking the other's path.

Taehyung's wolf came to a stop before raising its snout, rejecting his attempts of getting eye contact. Taehyung merely turned left and resumed his way, unbothered by the other's growl.

Jungkook tried blocking the omega's path again, his growls trying to stop Taehyung in his tracks but the omega didn't particularly care for what he was doing. His ears had already long picked up on the sound of the nearby waterfall and he yearned to take a dip in it, favorably without the other's presence.

The alpha frowned but followed him from a distance, having realized that Taehyung wasn't as upset and impulsive as he thought he'd be.

Taehyung's tail wagged as he watched the clear water cascade down the rocks, making big splashes and foam bubbled up near the edges. The omega took a sprint and dashed off the edge, falling down into the pool of cold water. He let out a short awoo and began swimming around in circles, enjoying the way the water slipped through his fur.

Jungkook halted near the edges of where the trees stopped and watched his mate enjoy his time in the water.

He waited in the shadows, not wanting to disrupt the omega in this peaceful moment. When making sure the other was alright, he turned back and ran towards the tent, now sure the other would be safe and would come back once he cooled down.

It was hours later and the sun was already slowly setting behind the hills when Taehyung ran back to the tent, his fur still wet in some parts but overall the sun had managed to dry most of it. He felt refreshed and ready to face Jungkook again, though confrontation was always something he hated.

In the distance he could see some smoke and as he neared he watched Jungkook grill sausages they brought with them. The scent was amazing and it made his stomach growl.

Even though Jungkook should've already picked up on the omega's scent coming closer, the boy didn't look up, not even when Taehyung changed back and was naked right behind the alpha.

"You came back", the alpha spoke, turning the sausage so it'd grill on the other side, "I made us some food".

"Thank you", Taehyung croaked out, the cool wind sending shivers down his spine.

"I also left some warm clothes on your sleeping bag. It were the warmest ones I could find".

The omega nodded, though Jungkook couldn't exactly see it, and crawled into the tent where, just like Jungkook had said, clothes were spread out onto his sleeping bag. He began putting them on, the wooly sweater and the soft sweatpants hugging his body with warmth.

Jungkook had also laid out a towel for Taehyung's damp hair. The boy smiled softly at his alpha's thoughtfulness.

He appeared back out of the tent not even five minutes later, his stomach grumbling again at the sight of the hotdogs Jungkook made. The older reached a bun out to him and Taehyung bowed his head in thanks before taking it.

He sat himself down on the other side of the fire, watching Jungkook eat through the flickers of fire.

This was entirely different than he had imagined the weekend to be. He hadn't expected the fights, the awkwardness,the silence and the distance between them.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you", Taehyung began, feeling his hunger dissipate when staring at the hotdog. He wished he hadn't talked about the collar thing. If he hadn't, maybe they would have spent the afternoon cuddling instead of being apart.

Jungkook was picking at his sandwich as well. He glanced at the omega and they made eye contact for a short moment, regret evident in both their gazes.

"I'm sorry as well", the alpha sighed, "I wished I had thought of you before going to that party. I also wish we hadn't fought of the collar thing but I don't regret you bringing it up".

"How so?", Taehyung spoke softly. His head tilted to the side a bit, confused why Jungkook was glad they had that discussion.

"We needed that discussion, otherwise you would've just dwelled about it and probably bought one of your own without daring to bring it up".

"I would have probably done that", Taehyung awkwardly smiled, "I just want to change people's view on me. I don't want to be an omega slut that can't keep it in his pants".

"I understand that", the older nodded, now completely having given up on eating, "I've always tried changing people's opinions about me in high school but it was impossible since the evidence of my past actions had been burned onto everyone's brains. But you, you can still change it".

Taehyung nodded, "So- what do you mean with this?"

"I'll buy you a collar", Jungkook stated, "Even though I'm completely against the idea of owning you and you being my dog or something- I don't want you to be judged anymore. But please, promise me something".

The blonde nodded, already feeling ecstatic about the thought of getting a collar from Jungkook. "of course, anything?"

"Only wear it to school", Jungkook told him, "Not when we're together and please don't wear it with your friends since they know the real you".

Taehyung immediately agreed. "Sure, I'll only wear it when I have classes", he grinned and then took a big bite out of his sandwich, "Get the cheapest one you find, I don't care, just anything that comes from you will be special enough".

Jungkook chuckled, "What a sap".

They finally began eating, Taehyung's stomach growling in approval. The omega smiled at the other through the flickering fire, the stars high above them twinkling like the stars in Jungkook's eyes.

"Thank you Jungkook, really, thank you".

Do you guys like the playlist I made for Morphine? I've been listening to it even when studying or writing other stories 😊