Epilogue

***

***

"KIM AERA!!" A loud voice of a woman boomed against the said girl's name as she stepped off of the metal platform.

Before she can even say something, the woman wrapped her arms around her in a tight embrace and she could hear her sobbing.

"Mom..." Aera called to her. "I'm okay."

Her mother cupped her face with both of her hands and hysterically checked each and every spot on her daughter to see if she's hurt in any way.

"Why would you do that?!" He mother exclaimed.

Aera was about to answer her when another person arrived in the room and she felt her heart clenched in pain and anticipation.

Kim Namjoon, her father, walked towards the two of them and stood there in front of her in silence. His eyes looked cold, piercing through his daughter's soul.

"Hey... dad," She let out an awkward laugh.

But still, her father did not move nor make a single sound which is beginning to scare her. She knew she'd probably get grounded for the rest of her life.

"You..." Namjoon began and she gulped.

But instead of receiving a loud yell from her father, two strong arms wrapped around her just like her mother did and he pulled her daughter into a warm embrace.

Aera couldn't help but hug him back.

She missed her parents, she really did.

"You could've gotten hurt!" Namjoon told her worriedly. "What if you were sent back in a war?! What if something bad happened to you and you didn't get back?!"

She didn't reply.

"I told you to not use it!" Her father continued. "I gave you permission to finish it but not to use it in yourself."

She sighed, "I'm sorry..."

"But you're back now," Her mother said as Aera and her father separated from their embrace. "And that's all that matters."

The young girl smiled as tears poured down her cheeks,

"I'm home."

***