Chapter 1.

I wake up suddenly feeling a wave of uneasiness. I sit up in my bed and frown, it was going to be another stale day, and I was prepared for it causing a sigh to escape my lips as I stand up from my bed which was unnecessarily huge. Yawning, I slip on my slippers and put on my glasses. I grab my phone from my bed and check for any notifications, and notice a text from my best friend. It was Sasha, "Call me."

I dialed her phone and she answered in a heartbeat.

"AMELIA!!!" She squealed into my ear causing a glare to form on my expression.

"What do you want Sasha?" I ask sighing.

"Wanna go to a party?!" She asks cheerfully.

"I'm occupied," I say walking to the balcony in my room, and leaning against it to admire the sunset.

"Pffft! Yeah right! More like you're gonna be a nerd and stalk Jean, and watch your anime all day," Sasha says making my face flush.

"WHAT?! NO! Whatever. I don't want to go out, I'll call you later, going to go downstairs...Wish me luck."

"Fine. And good luck, don't let your old man find you!" She says snickering.

"Yeah, bye Sasha," I say before hanging up.

Even if I was a drag, and my best friend was the polar opposite of me, we still got along more than anyone else. I exited my room, it was the afternoon. This was the first time out of my room in days, but I was running out of snacks so I decided to go rummage the pantry for food.

I dashed down the stairs not wanting my father to catch me downstairs because he would try to make conversation with me about introducing me to his business friend's son. There was no way I would date a guy I didn't know, even less marry him. I gag at the thought of meeting some stuck up preppy boy who just wanted to get in my pants. I opened the pantry and smirked snatching the last Matcha Pocky.

"Wonder which idiot ate my other Pocky," I roll my eyes shutting the pantry door. As soon as I spin around, I'm frightened by a figure standing behind me.

"Amelia, not shoving our face with food again are we?" My father's deep voice says, and I stare at him monotonously.

"And if I am? I refuse to underfeed myself father," I state walking out of the kitchen.

"Amelia, I would like to introduce you to my friend's son. He's your age, and you guys could be the tie to cooperation with his father's company. We could triple the amount of money that my company is already making, and have an heir to both companies with the son you produce...hoping that it's a son. I will make sure that boy keeps you out of his dangerous life though," My father says making my blood instantly seethe.

"You're insane, father. This is pure nonsense, I will not marry someone I don't even know. Now forgive me but I'm going out with Sasha," I growl and stomp upstairs but he grasps my arm stopping my movements.

"That wasn't a question. His family and he included will be coming Monday night for dinner. Have fun with Sasha," He says walking away leaving me aggravated. But he has a point, I don't want to run a company that has a side hobby of selling drugs. Great, now I actually had to go out with Sasha. Not that I mind hanging out with my best friend, but she usually takes me to preppy rich drunk kid parties that make me quite uncomfortable.

-

"I knew you'd come around. Didn't last five minutes with your dad did ya? Plus you might see Jean," Sasha smirks as she gets into my black sports car.

"Shut up. And father won't stop with setting me up. I don't want to be with someone I don't know, shit's wack," I say as I drive on the freeway.

"You say that till he's actually smokin' and cooks! Imagine the food!" Sasha squeals and I smile softly.