Chapter 7.

Two weeks passed, Eren and I would text occasionally during these two weeks. We spent less and less time together as the days went by. It's like I felt him pulling away from me slowly, but I couldn't hold onto him. I didn't know what it was, but if he was distant from me before, It's even worse now. Our conversations are quick, and the silence is so uncomfortable. Sometimes, I feel like he tries to avoid me on purpose. I've read a lot of "Wuthering Heights", the one that he let me borrow. I find myself from being okay to then panicking, and worrying that we'll never regain the connection we once had. What did I ever do to make him this distant from me?

"I didn't want to hurt you. I don't want to, yet I find myself always around you. I'm such a selfish person Amelia." That's what he told me two weeks ago, and I've found myself hanging onto those words. Was that why Eren was keeping his distance from me? If so, did that mean he cared too much for me and decided the space between us was necessary? I keep replaying these things in my head because I miss him. I really do miss him.

Today was the day I had to go to campus so I could get my classes set up for next year, my plan was to go with Sasha but due to certain circumstances, I had to go alone. I heard a ding on my phone and quickly checked it, praying, hoping that it was Eren. It was not.

Jean: Hey, I have been trying to reach out to you for the longest time now, and you probably won't respond, but that's cool. I know that you are not okay, and I'm here ya know. We all are. I'm outside your house with Connie, if you come out, we'll make you laugh and buy you food, pinky promise.

I laughed at the text feeling grateful for two of the only friends I had left. I put on a floral crop top and brown boyfriend jeans with my brown high-top platform converse. I put on sunglasses, and put my hair in a low messy bun.

(This is the outfit, not Amelia

(This is the outfit, not Amelia.)

I hurried out of the house and noticed how I haven't seen my dad in two whole days. I peeked in his office before leaving and he wasn't in there, I shrugged leaving the house. I saw Jean and Connie in Jean's car and I gave them a small smile before getting in the passenger seat beside Jean.

"Hey, Amelia!" Connie smiled hugging me from the back of the car, I greeted both of them.

"We missed you," Jean confesses.

"Missed you idiots too," I say and they both give me cheeky smiles.

"I'm sorry about Sasha," Connie said and I shake my head.

"No guys, it's seriously fine, I'm okay now," I lie straight through my teeth. I knew it wasn't okay, I felt a huge betrayal from what Sasha did, but I was too proud to admit that.

"You sure?" Jean frowned, and I reassured them that I was okay.

"Have y'all heard of Eren by any chance?" I ask nervously playing with my hands as we drive to get lunch and Jean rolls his eyes.