The Job - Chapter 10

5 days ago;
The job interview was over and the 17 year old boy had got the job in a small cafe down the road from the local police station.

Natsu's POV

My shift started early that morning, this was the time when the police men came in for their morning coffee. My favourite customer is a police man called Gray, we had got to know each other over the last few days, he was very protective over his teenage daughters, one of which he said was around my age. Today Gray came in and in the middle of having his coffee, I came over to his table and sat down "You know, I wouldn't mind if my daughter went out with someone like you, someone I know, I'm just scared she's gonna end up going out with someone who's bad for her, you know," I nodded not really getting where he was coming from. After 10 minutes, Gray looked at his phone and ordered another coffee and an orange juice. "My eldest daughter is meeting me here," he explained.

I came back to his table but now a petite blonde was sitting opposite him. Gray looked at me and said "Hey Natsu, this is Lucy. . ." Gray trailed off. Our eyes locked and for the first time in seven years my eyes overflowed with tears, she ran into my arms and I felt the same warmth I felt seven years ago, my heartbeat faster, it was my "Lucy. . ." "Natsu. . ." we said at the same time.