Dangerous People - Chapter 14

Natsu's POV

I didn't regret it;
"I quit," I shouted and legged it after her, grabbing my backpack and jacket at the door. I had lost her seven years ago, it wasn't gonna happen again.

I could still see her in the distance and picked up my pace. She ran into an alleyway, it was very familiar for some reason then I realised it must have been the same one from the day we met. Distracted by that thought I almost didn't see the shady man that followed her, not again;

"Hey," the boy said in a voice as gentle as he could muster to the whimpering girl. A minute ago a perverted old geezer had his hand up her frock, she was screaming her head off. The boy had got rid of the geezers perverted friend earlier knowing he probably couldn't take them both on at the same time. He gave the old geezer one swift kick to the head and ripped his dirty fingers from her petite body. He threw the old geezer behind a large garbage bin, he had burned then both a bit and ran to the young girls side.

"Your safe now," He reassured her with a confident tone. She looked into his eyes and he saw when it hit her, he wasn't the person who'd followed her, she wrapped her arms around him and he just stood there in shock until eventually he settled and hugged her small figure to his, she wasn't that different from the girls in his neighbourhood but he felt something unlock in his heart to make room for her.

Oh no, Lucy is in danger!