Manipulate

Delia sat in Freya's room, head in her hands, feeling incredibly guilty. This is exactly what she was trying to avoid. Nine hundred years separated from not only the man she loved, but also the people she cared about most in the world and here she was; sitting in their house having nearly killed them all.
She heard them downstairs, discussing exactly that. And boy, did they have some words to say.
'They'... meaning Klaus. She could hear him, clear as day. It was almost as if he forgot she was a vampire, or didn't care.
"She nearly killed us all!" He shouted
"She didn't mean to." Freya said in a much calmer voice.
"Oh yes, that makes me feel better." Klaus responds, sarcastically.
"Need I remind Nik, she tried to warn you of the damage she could inflict, you were the one who laughed her off." Freya was starting to get annoyed with her brother. "I mean what did you expect, she was quite literally created to kill us all."
"She clearly didn't want to." Said Rebekah, in a thoughtful tone. "It was almost as if she was in pain trying to resist it."
"She was." Kol added "Fighting off that many ancestors takes a hell of a lot out of you. I should know. Damn witches are manipulative."
"Nevertheless, Hope was nearly hurt in the midst of all this! We should've never have brought her here in the first place." Klaus continued to argue.
"Oh could you be more hypocritical Nik?" Rebekah exclaimed, "You're either heart broken because she abandoned us, or furious because she could have hurt us. You were the one who pushed for her to come and help. Well she's here now, and she can't hurt us anymore; so take it or leave it!"
Klaus sighed, unfortunately having to admit his sister was right. He looked toward his elder one.
"How secure is that ring? Will it hold her power?" He asked.
"If anyone other than me had made it, I would say no. But since our mother placed this curse on her, a witch of the same bloodline can stabilize it." Freya assured her brother.
"Alright then." Kluas grumbled, "I'm going to take Hope to Hayley's." And with that he stalked out of the room.
The rest of his siblings followed suit, leaving Freya and Elijah left in the parlor.
"Did you-" Elijah started but then stopped himself.
"Yes?" Freya prompted.
"Did you do that on purpose?" Ejijah asked.
"Do what?" She responded, coyly.
"Don't be cute sister." He said in a slightly irritated tone. "Her ring. It's our engagement ring- Did you use it on purpose?"
"I might have."
"Playing matchmaker, are we?"
"You two are already a match. You just need a push." Freya said with finality and then headed up the stairway."
Delia rolled her eyes having heard the entire interaction and looked down at her ring from where she stood in front of her grimoire. She began to twist it between her fingers, almost allowing herself to remember how happy she was when it was first given to her. But then Freya entered the room, interrupting her thoughts. She looked up at her best friend and gave her a 'Really?' sort of look.
"What?" The witch asked, innocently.
She was about to respond when she heard Elijah's footsteps down the hall. And gave her a 'We'll discuss this later' look and sped out of the room.
"Lijah wait!" She called before he could enter the study. He turned around and faced her. She vamp sped in front of him.
"I just- I just wanted to say I'm very sorry, again."
"I know you are. You don't have to apologize again, I know you didn't want to."
There was a beat that passed between them.
"There's something else." He noticed that look in her eye. He had seen it many a time before.
"H-how did-" She cut herself off. She didn't know how to phrase it without making it awkward between them.
"Yes?" He didn't feel awkwardness, just ease. It felt so easy being in her presence again.
"How did you do that?" She got out.
"Do what?" He questioned.
"No one can calm me down when they are in control. Nine hundred years on this planet and no one has been able to make it stop. The magic, the destruction, it always just keeps going. I can't control it. You did. How?"
"I trusted you." He responded after thinking for a moment.
"You shouldn't." She insisted.
"I'd do it again." He responded a second time, without hesitation.
They were very close now. She wasn't sure how this kept happening. She didn't remember moving toward him, or him moving toward her. But still, here they were, almost chest to chest. Several beats passed while they looked into each other's eyes.
"I should go." She said in almost a whisper.
"You should stay." He said back at the same volume.
"What?"
"Um-" He cleared his throat taking a sliver of a step back. His natural instincts screamed not to, but his manners said otherwise. "You should stay here. Live here, for the time being. You've got the ring now." They both glanced down at the engagement ring. Neither one allowing themselves to drift back to the happy memories that came with it. "I'm sure... Freya would find it very helpful."
She smirked knowing exactly what kind of internal battle between instincts and manners were happening inside his head. She was always the one to act on instinct, he always stopped himself. It's one of the ways they complimented each other.
"Alright then," She said softly, stepping closer. "I'll stay." She leaned upward and kissed his cheek. Then walked away with a smile on her face.