Important

Delia felt the hot water against her back as the air thickened with steam. The shower felt almost euphoric. She turned around to face the jet of water and closed her eyes.
As she did, she felt two arms wrap around her. Surprised, but pleased, she leaned into him and rested her head back on his shoulder.
"Good morning." She heard him say as he leaned down to kiss her exposed neck.
Sighing, she responded with a dreamy, "Good morning."
"I missed this." He said, turning her around and kissing her.
"Me- too." She said between kisses, then pulled back to look him in the eyes. "If only it were real."

Delia's eyes shot and she gasped slightly. She turned to see Elijah laying next to her, covered in only sheets just like she was, and smiling with his head propped against his hand.
"That was rude." She said, narrowing her eyes.
"That was fun." He chuckled.
"Oh I wasn't complaining." She said as she rolled over to be closer to him.
His hands found her waist and hers reached up to caress his jawline.
"What did you do without me for so long? Without some fun?"
"Well, I believe in your absence I was often referred to as... what did they call it now? A tight ass?"
Delia laughed, throwing her head back and slightly letting go of him.
God, he had missed her. Her laugh, her smile. The way she made him feel. Like he could take on anything. Like every worry and problem was suddenly fixable. She made him stronger, freer.
He couldn't contain himself any more. He leaned down and caught her off guard with a passionate kiss. It had less desperation than the night before, but the same amount of desire. He wanted to be as close to her as possible, and even then it didn't seem close enough.
She was feeling everything he was, they were completely in sync. Unfortunately, she knew she had things to do today, and so did she.
"Ok." She tried to say but was cut off with another kiss, which she laughed into. "As much as I am so blissfully happy right now, I do have to get up."
Elijah frowned, knowing she was correct and that he had to get up too, but leaving her was quite possibly the last thing on earth he wanted to do right now.
"What do you suppose the odds are the whole situation with my aunt has resolved itself and we can stay in here for the rest of the day?" He asked in false hope.
She chuckled, "Slim to none. But I like the way you think." She pulled back the covers and revealed her naked body as she reached for her shirt, then pulled it on.
"However, I have to help Freya complete the spell to save your niece. And you have to broker a treaty for peace between the factions of New Orleans." She searched for the rest of her clothes and began to pick up her pants and her underwear. "So, you know... nothing important."
Elijah sped out of bed and was suddenly in front of her, stopping her from her task as he held onto her waist firmly. "You see," He gripped tighter as she tried to remove herself from his grasp. "I see nothing more important than making up for lost time."
She set the jeans down and put both her hands on his wrists, attempting to pry herself out. When that didn't work, she looked back up at him as he smirked and shook his head.
In a playful tone, she said, "Oh I'm sorry; was last night not good enough for you?"
"Last night was wonderful." He said as he tilted his head down and their lips brushed against each other. "I'm just hoping it can now be a common occurrence."
He kissed her and he felt her sigh. She was so completely happy. It felt right. Like things had been off for so long and they were finally back the way they should be.
"I'd like that too." She said in response, pulling back and wrapping her arms around the back of his neck. "And it can be. But for now, we should go deal with your psychotic family."
He laughed, as did she. They both felt like they could take on anything, as long as they had each other. They made each other stronger, and they were going to need that strength for what was to come.