Frustration

Cordelia entered the Mikaelson compound, practically fuming due to the dead end she had encountered yet again. Since her disturbing dream a few nights ago, she had been out every day since, attempting to find some answers. And when she wasn't out, she was in the study, pouring over Esther's grimoires and trying new spells.
If the rest of the Mikealsons were to be believed, each of them had also had dreams about their mother, or their father; none of which were comforting. But as far as she could tell, Delia was the only one having them on a nightly basis.
At first, she hoped for the dreams to continue, because while she felt as if she was being tortured, at least she could wake with more information. Clues, possibly to where Esther was and what she wanted. But soon, this hope vanished as all she experienced every night, was the same dream. No more clues, no more information. Just the original witch screwing with her head, repeating to her how she failed, showing her all the people she had killed due to her lack of control.
Delia would wake up screaming and thrashing every night. She felt terrible about it, for she knew not only was she interrupting Elijah's sleep, but everyone in the house's. However, if one had seen the look on Elijah's face when she suggested going back to her hotel for the coming nights, they wouldn't consider it an option either.
He woke her from the torment every night and kept a calming hand on her back as she regained control of her breath. He'd lay with her as she went back to sleep and didn't move till morning. It was so soothing to have him there, in her life again. She'd nearly forgotten how comforting it was to wake up next to the one you love.
At the moment however, Cordelia had made her way into the study and practically slammed one of Esther's grimoires onto the table, then began to flip to her last read page. Once she found it she began to hold her hands over an amulet of the witch's and chant. She was looking for Esther, or her essence at least.
She didn't get to search for long, however as Klaus entered the study, almost as vexed as she was.
"Have you found my mother yet?" He questioned, pacing.
"Unsurprisingly, no." She sighed and went back to reading the instructions of the spell. "Which grows more irritating by the minute."
"Does this have any connection to Dahlia? Is my mother going after Hope too?"
She couldn't tell if he was just talking or genuinely asking. But, subtly was never her thing, so she responded anyway.
"Your mother shows up in the same city as her sister, mere days after her arrival? No, I'm pretty sure they're connected." She glanced up to see his frown double and his pace quicken. "We're going to stop them, Klaus. I know what I'm doing. No matter how much it may not seem like it at the moment." She muttered that last part as she flipped the page of the spell book vindictively.
There were several moments that passed in which neither talked, she finally looked up to see him staring at her. She quirked her brow in question.
"What do you see in my family?" He asked out of the blue.
"Excuse me?" She was caught off guard.
"You are going to an awful lot of trouble to help us. You were also the first person to treat us as people and not monsters after we were turned." He said in a way of explanation.
She thought for a moment, then responded, "I guess I saw you all as less the predators and more the prey of your parents' greed."
"My family isn't weak." He said almost right away.
"Going through pain doesn't make you weak Niklaus," she said with equal strength in her tone. "If anything it makes you stronger."
He took a couple seconds before finally saying, "You really are too good for us."
"No I'm not," She said in reply. "You all just refuse to see the good in yourselves."
He smiles, which in all honesty is rare, then leaves the room. Leaving Delia unfortunately, alone with her thoughts, yet again.
She tried to refocus her attention on the spell, but the more she tried, the stronger the magic resisted. Growing increasingly frustrated, she threw the amulet on the table and quickly exited the study. She couldn't look at the spell any longer or she'd go insane. Deciding the best course of action would be to distract herself and blow off some steam, she sped to her room to change and head over to the training room.
Once there, she immediately began pounding away on the punching bag. Delivering blow after blow until finally it broke from the ceiling and rolled to the opposite side of the large room. Landing itself directly in front of Elijah, as he entered.
Judging by his attire and his equally frustrated expression, he was also there to blow off some steam.
"In the mood to punch something I take it?" He guessed, stepping over the bag that had landed in front of him.
"Something tells me you're of a similar mindset." She breathed.
"Well, seeing as that's the case..." he nodded his head towards the boxing platform. Platform was the best word, as it had no ropes enclosing it.
She smiled slightly and made her way to where he stood, already on the sparring mat. She got her hands into a defensive position, as did he, and quickly grew impatient at the lack of movement.
She aimed a punch with her right hand, which he sidestepped and caught her arm. He looked her in the eye, and gave her a challenging look before performing a complicated maneuver which ended with him behind her, controlling both her wrists behind her back.
"So, what has you in this state?" He questioned, his mouth next to her ear as she desperately tried to keep her head on straight.
With a trick she'd learned some six hundred years ago, she kicked herself up in the air, effectively loosening his grip and flipped to land on his right side. For a nano-second he was caught off guard, she used this to direct her force against him and vamp speed him back into the wall, across the gym.
"Oh, you know," she started as she conducted her vampire strength against him, holding him firmly in place. "Just needed a distraction."
He smirked and used his free leg that she wasn't pressuring to kick her off balance. He then moved quickly, using his own vamp speed to reverse their positions. Now he was the one bearing his weight against her, aggressively pressing her against the wall he was just forced on.
"Me too it would seem." His smirk grew wider.
She wanted to hide her own, as he was clearly winning and she knew that was part of the reason for his expression. But eventually she gave in and smiled an equally mischievous smile herself. Her gaze flicked to his lips, as did his, and it didn't take long before both of their lips had locked in a passionate kiss. Both of their anger from the day fueling their passion.
His arm moved from her shoulder width, where it had previously held her against the wall and instead made its way down to her thigh and gripped tightly. He hoisted her above him, bearing much of her weight against the wall and used his other hand to pull her neck down further.
With one leg being supported by him and the other brushing his side, her arms moved themselves to frame his face and pull him closer as well. If they could melt into each other, they would have. For nothing would ever feel close enough.