▌│█║▌║▌║ 2 ║▌║▌║█│▌

Perhaps, it was time for a change.

Y/N gazed at her siblings, feeling a lump in her throat. 

7 years. 

She had treated them like strangers for almost 7 years... 

"Am I too late..?" Unintentionally, Y/N whispered it out. She tucked her legs up close against her chest and crossed her arms over her knees, burying her face in them. 

"Late for what?" Y/N looked up to see the trio staring at her in confusion. She had forgotten that she was sitting above them on the branch. Swinging her legs to and fro, Y/N wavered. 

"To change?" Norman chimed in. Y/N's E/C orbs widened as she looked away, face flushing light red in embarrassment. 

How had he seen right through her?

"Maybe..." She reluctantly admitted. Y/N tucked her legs back to her chest as she slowly rocked on the branch, eyes half-lidded as she tried to loose herself in her thoughts. 

"Well... I don't think it's too late!" Emma encouraged, bouncing up and grabbing onto the branch, shaking it violently. 

"gaHHHH-" Y/N yelped as she almost lost her balance and clung onto the branch for dear life. Emma clambered on and shot Y/N an apologetic smile. 

"Norman! I want revenge!" Just as Y/N was about to confess something, Don cut her off. "Now, everyone is 'it' except for Norman!" 

"Really?" 

"Really-?" Gasps of amazement echoed throughout the fields. Even Y/N was bewildered by this. 

Don can't be serious... right? 

"They are worked up again!" Y/N heard an annoyed protest from Gilda who sat with Anna and Nat.

"Challenge accepted."

Before Y/N could protest, her eyes were covered by Emma and they had already started counting. 

~~~~

Y/N followed Emma as the two of them walked through the dense forest, their boots making noisy crunches underneath. Emma suddenly started to veer off track.

"Emma? Emma!" Y/N called, she looked over to see Emma walking off to the side. "Where- Forget it." Y/N grumbled and followed Emma.

~~~~

When they made it to the top of the slope, Y/N saw that there was an iron fence there. It wasn't tall nor remarkable, yet she did feel something drawing her to this. 

"Emma... We're... Not allowed here." Y/N mumbled, staring at the fence. She remembered the last time she went against one of the rules Mama had set. Emma looked to the side and saw Norman. 

Emma walked over and placed a hand on his shoulder, her face still had a lost look on it. Y/N was beyond confused on what was happening but followed anyway. 

"I lost." Norman smiled. 

"'Don't ever go near them.' Mama told us that over and over again. 'The gates and the fences deep in the forest are dangerous.'" Emma quoted from Mama, turning back to face the fence. It was like the fence had casted an enchantment over them, they were captured by curiosity. 

"That's obviously a lie." The three of them were broken out of their trance-like state as Ray's voice startled them out of the blue. 

"What do you mean it's a lie?" Norman asked. 

"Look at it. How is it dangerous." Y/N quipped up, peering down at the short fence, "It's not even half as tall as us and there's nothing dangerous around it." Emma frowned.