▌│█║▌║▌║ 7 ║▌║▌║█│▌

"We have an ally from the outside world. He might still be there." 

"If that's true, there might be a human society out there." Y/N smiled.

"You're right!" Emma smiled, even happier.

~~~~

"This kind of message can only be found in Minerva's books. Although we don't know when these labels were attached, I know this one was attached after the year 2015." Emma declared, holding up the book, showing the sentence '©2015 by Alex Mikhaylov'. 

"I see. Did you find anything else? Do the contents and the type of the books have anything in common?" Norman questioned.

"Nothing in particular." Ray answered. "The genres are mostly mixed, so are the publishers and years-"

"But that one! Wait. Which one was it again? I have no idea what the Morse code on these two books means." Emma recalled. 

"One is a common adventure novel, the other is a mythology book." Ray added.

Norman picked up the two books. "There's no morse on this one." He flipped open the other book, "And this one... 'promise'."

"... Promise?" Y/N repeated.

~~~~

"I think there should be a special meaning to it." Emma started. "There's only one book without morse code and some of the pages were torn. Even the message that says 'promise'." 

"Are you saying that these two books are special?" Ray asked.

"I agree with Emma... How should I put it? I think these two books might lead to something important for us." Y/N elaborated, fiddling with her thumbs. Reaching over, she picked up the book and hastily flicked through it, scanning the contents quickly.

"Well. Intuition or not, I think it's definitely worth investigating." Norman smiled. "Mr. Minerva and the mysteries of these books."

"Running away isn't enough. We need to find a way to survive in this world." Emma stated, determination shone in her eyes.

~~~~

"But this is a surprise. Other than Ray and Y/N, who are bookworms..." Norman trailed off.

"I can't believe you noticed those bookplates, Emma." Ray said.

"I'm not the one who discovered them." Emma confessed.

"What?" Y/N gasped. The four of them were walking down the hall, towards the dining room.

"Phil discovered them and told me." Emma turned back and smiled at them.

"Phil did?" 

"Yes. Phil saw an old picture book that was owned by Mr. Minerva. And it mentioned the morse code..." Emma trailed off and looked inside the dining room. 

Y/N looked away.

"Where's Don and Gilda?" Emma gasped, looking around for the duo.  

Norman checked the kitchen, "They're not here either." 

"Could it be that!" Emma gasped. The three of them turned to face Y/N.

"I thought you said they were in the kitchen." Ray accused, betrayal in his voice. Y/N widened her eyes and frowned. 

"They were in the kitchen when I followed them!" Y/N protested, taking a step forward, standing her ground. 

You're not the only one who's good at lying, Ray. Y/N smirked to herself.