▌│█║▌║▌║ 4 ║▌║▌║█│▌

"I have to protect these children."

~~~~

It was a bright and sunny day, the weather was serene, like the ocean before a storm. Y/N met the other three in the forest to share their discovery about the transmitters.

"You wouldn't notice it if you put it here." Ray agreed, reaching up a hand to touch his left ear.

"It's my first time hearing about the blood test." Norman started, "Will the scar disappear quickly?" 

"Yes. I never realised it before and I never had any doubts. I'm sorry." Y/N  apologised, hugging the volleyball she had taken to her chest. To avoid suspicion from Sister Krone and Mama, Y/N had purposely thrown the ball too far into the forest, giving her a reason to go there.

"No, both of you did a great job." Norman smiled, spreading his arms, "Now we know the location, shape and size of the transmitters. We can move onto the next step."

"The step after that." Emma raised her hand, so did the others.

"The destruction method." The four of them said in sync.

"What should we do? Even if we cut it open and study it..." Norman trailed off, feeling his own left ear with a worried expression.

"Once Mama lifts our hair up..." Y/N rebutted, shaking her head.

"She will find the wound right away." Norman finished, eyebrows furrowing as he was deep in thought.

"Yes. Let's not think about whether it can be easily destroyed first. The function of the transmitters implanted in us is actually pretty simple." Ray explained.

"What? It's pretty simple?" Emma gasped, eyes widening in shock.

"They are not sure who's transmitting the signal. They must check to know the location." Y/N further explained as Emma listened intently. "Even if you go near the gate or wall, they won't be notified." 

"But they still implanted it into us." Emma sighed.

"That's right." Ray agreed, "They seem to feel that as long as we have the transmitters, they'll find us no matter where we go."

"Wait. Does it mean that they'll be notified if the transmitters break down?" Norman asked. 

"That could be a possibility." Y/N admitted, kicking the ground with her foot.

"What do you mean?" Emma asked again.

"Only when a transmitter is broken will they hear an alarm to let them know about it right away." Ray explained.

"Once we destroy it, Mama will find out right away?" 

"That's merely a hypothesis for the notification function." Ray shook his head.

"But since Mama purposely revealed the transmitter's existence, we can't deny that possibility." Norman refuted.

"Touching and breaking the transmitter recklessly will be very dangerous, it will risk giving us away." Y/N said.

"We can only break it when we escape." Norman nodded along.

"What? But how exactly can we break it?" Emma interjected.

"Well, about that... Its shape and size happen to remind me of something. Can you let me handle it?" Ray offered.

"Can you do it?" Norman asked.

"Yes."

"Since you said so, Ray, we'll let you handle it." Emma nodded.

"Next, we must find a way to get everyone out of here." Norman started.