Jason Todd

"Just in case you ever foolishly forget; I'm never not thinking of you."

Virginia Woolf

Persephone had decided that she was finally going to call Dick, he hadn't sent her anything in a while, and she wanted to check that he was still alive

Persephone had decided that she was finally going to call Dick, he hadn't sent her anything in a while, and she wanted to check that he was still alive. Her phone rang three times before Dick picked up.

"Hi love," she chirped.

"Hi beautiful, are you okay," he asked.

"I was more calling because I was worried about you."

"I know, but I'm also worried about you," Dick laughed, "How are the others?"

"Well, we are okay. It's more a matter of the family being okay."

"What happened?" Dick asked, worried.

"They are all dead."

"Please tell met that Koy did not kill them."

"She didn't there heads exploded. I walked into the room with Kory, and they were dead."

"Hell of a coincidence if you ask me."

"Well, I didn't," Persephone laughed, "how are things on your side of the phone?"

"things got a little weird at our friend's apartment. His name is Dr Adamson, by the way. Doctor of what, I have no idea."

"I'm politely assuming he tried to kill you. Is that why you sound like you are in pain." Persephone asked immediately, worried, "I was trying to ignore it, but now I'm worried."

"He tried to cook me breakfast, actually. His friends tried to kill me. Six of them. I got the feeling there's more where they came from"

"If that the case, we need to join you. Where are you anyway?"

"Where you left the Porche."

"I hope you don't mind. I figured there was nowhere safer than one of Bruce's safe houses. It has "safe" right in the name."

"It's less than an hour, so we shouldn't belong."

"Keep safe."

"I will. Love you"

"Love you too" And with that, Dick ended the call. He didn't need Persephone to know about his tracker.

That was a battle he needed to fight on his own. He could polity guess that Persephone probably had one as well. She was going to be less inclined to take it out, though, and Dick wasn't going to force her to do something she didn't want to do. Dick wasn't going to make her chose between him and her godparnest. That enjoy fair on her.

✯🌻✯

When Persephone came up, she wasn't expecting a 19-year-old drinking beer on the sofa.