Prologue

The ground began trembling from under them as furniture was rattling because of it. People were screaming from outside of the house, and buildings were falling apart.

Henricus looked at his friend, knowing that look very well. The man quickly grabbed onto his wrist to keep him from leaving.

"Garnier, please don't do this!" Henricus begged, scared that he was going to lose his childhood. Garnier looked in his direction, though his eyes didn't have a trace of fear in them. Instead, they were determined, just like a hero.

"Those people need me. I'm sorry." Garnier yanked his hand out of Henricus's grip and dashed out of the house. The man knew better than to stop him. Having said that, he ran after him, praying that he might change his mind.

The moment he exited the house, a giant foot stomped onto the ground. It was the size of a carriage, only a yard away from Henricus. The force of the foot caused him to stumble. Luckily, he caught his balance.

The foot lifted off of the ground and quickly moved forward, taking another step. His eyes followed where the giant was going. Then he saw...

"GARNIER!!!" Henricus cried as he tried to get to him before the giant could. Garnier was clutching onto a sword, ready to strike the giant. The giant stopped in its tracks and noticed Garnier.

"A brave one now? You will be very beneficial for me~." A feminine voice purred as it rumbled through the ground, coming from the giant. Quickly, Garnier ran full speed toward her, ready to slice her ankle. Before he could land an attack on her, she plucked him with her middle finger and thumb. Then raised him off the ground, suspending him at her eye level.

"Let go of me, monster!" Garnier wildly swung his sword, striving to get a cut on the giantess. Without a scratch, she plucked the sword out of his hands and dropped it on the ground.

Immediately, he stopped squirming, now defenseless in the clutches of a giant. Her smirk never faltered, seemingly stretching more into a toothy grin.

"You're a feisty human, aren't you?" A chuckle escaped the giant's mouth, rumbling everything around him. Garnier looked down, only to see how high up he was. The giant could drop him at any moment or crush him like a toothpick.

Then he noticed Henricus running at the giant's foot with the sword he had dropped. The she-giant saw this too and chuckled again. In a blink of an eye, her foot hit the man, knocking him back more than ten feet.

"HENRICUS!!!" Garnier cried out, tears already pouring down his cheeks. The giantess cackled before turning around and heading toward the forest.

"Don't worry, little one. I won't do that to you... Yet." A shiver crawled up Garnier's spine. What was she going to do to him?!