Chapter Seven

Theo woke up in Zelphar's protective hands, holding him close. The giant was sleeping on his right side, fingers still wrapped around him. He smirked and rolled his eyes as he snuggled more into the warmth.

In some bushes nearby, leaves were rustling. Theo became tense while the giant was unbothered, quietly snoring. Suddenly, Henricus came out from some bushes, holding a dagger. Henricus's eyes widened, staring at the giant in fear.

"Dad! Stop!" The teen whisper yelled at him, catching Henricus's attention. He stared at Theo with shock, jaw-dropping to the ground. Anger fueled his eyes, glaring at the giant with rage for trapping his son.

"What-?!"

"Dad, it's fine. He hasn't and won't hurt me." Theo interrupted his father from waking Zelphar. He didn't have it in him to wake the poor thing.

"He? She is that monster who killed Garnier." Henricus hissed, holding up his dagger, ready to slice the giant.

"No, you don't understand. He is her son!" From the human accidentally raising his voice, Zelphar groaned and pulled Theo closer to his chest.

"Tell me what is going on." His father lowered his dagger but held it in a way, so he was prepared to strike at any second.

"We are friends after since he accidentally... knocked... me out. BUT he saved me so I wouldn't die. I know that sounds bad, but please don't hurt him." Theo gave his father a dry laugh to release the tension between them.

Henricus groaned and slid his dagger into his belt, putting it away. Then he cautiously strolled over to where his son was being held. He slowly wrapped both arms around the giant's index finger and pulled on it.

Suddenly, the giant's left hand pushed Henricus off, making him fall on his back. The hand rested on top of his right hand as if it were a protective layer. A yawn escaped the giant, mocking him.

"Zel," Theo couldn't hold in his giggles anymore. "Zel, wake up." He patted Zelphar's thumb even though it wouldn't help wake him up. Luckily, the giant's eyes fluttered open, looking down at Theo.

"Good morning, Theo." The giant smiled, voice thick with drowsiness. He rubbed his eyes to rid of his heavy eyelids. Then his eyes landed on another human that he did not recognize.

Immediately, Zelphar shot awake and held out the human in his hands out to the stranger. If he knew that last humans who he had seen, surely Theo would know this one too.

Theo could feel the hands holding him tense and tremble. Despite that, he rolled his eyes. "Zel, this is my dad, Henricus." He introduced nonchalantly.

"Your dad?" The giant's head tilted, staring down at the older human with curiosity. Then he carefully placed him onto the grass, his father running over and hugging Theo. The giant was nervously fiddling with his fingers, a little upset how everyone was scared of him.

"Are you hurt?! Did anything happen to you?! What-?!"

"Dad, Zel didn't hurt me." Theo interrupted his panicked father, chuckling. They both brought their attention to the timid giant. "Zel, what's wrong?" He asked as he came closer to the giant, his father following behind.

"Er-it's nice to meet you, Henricus! Can we shake hands? Theo told me it was a human greeting." Zelphar looked at Theo with a questioning look, but he just gave him an unsure thumbs up. Then he looked at the father, waiting for an answer.

"What-? Uh, sure." He tentatively held out his hand, a giant hand, then reached down to his. Henricus began sweating excessively, waiting for his awaiting doom.