Chapter Three

The townspeople were as loud as ever, talking amongst themselves. Theo had to weave his way through the crowds to Mellow Inn. His friends would always hang out there.

Unfortunately, the inn was crowded, full of people ordering their lunches. From across the room, he spotted his friends waiting for him to take a seat. He rushed over to them as fast as he could.

"Ah yes, Theo. Late as usual." The eldest of the group joked, earning a snicker from the other. He was only a year older but acting like he was their age.

"Ah yes, Herman. Making fun of me, as usual, to make up for that small dick." Theo quipped as he took a seat, opposite side from his two best friends.

As if on cue, a waitress approached the table, holding a notepad and a pencil to write down their orders. Her hair was tied up in a tight bun, keeping her black hair in place.

"Hello, would you all like your usual?" The waitress asked. Like I had said, they came by pretty often. So much so that every worker knew them and memorized their orders by heart. That's how much they ate there.

"Yes, that would be perfect." The female of the group, Elizabeth, answered, smiling at the waitress. To not be rude, the lady smiled back. She wrote down their orders and left to the kitchen.

"Okay, guys, I have to tell you something." Theo leaned in closer so no one could overhear. The other two cocked their brows at him, doubtful of their friend.

"So, I met a giant." He whispered, looking around the room to make sure no one was watching or listening.

"GIANT?!" The two shouted in sync, not expecting that at all. Quickly, Theo slapped his hands over their mouths to shut them up.

"SHHH, I don't want everyone in Yairenth to find out!" Theo whisper yelled while glaring daggers into his friends' eyes. "When I remove my hands, will you keep it down?!" He whispered, anxious that their outburst caught someone's attention. They both frantically nodded, wanting to hear more.

"How-?"

"I snuck out last night." Theo began, interrupting Eliza. "I wandered around the forest, looking for the giantess, but I kinda met someone else." Herman and Eliza's eyes were staring at him in disbelief. "Zelphar is actually pretty nice and gentle for someone at his size."

"Are you sure it wasn't a dream?" Herman asked, face falling flat. At first, he believed him until he said that the giant was 'nice' and 'gentle.'

"It wasn't! I have bruises to prove it!" Theo insisted before lifting his shirt, revealing a big bruise in the center of his torso. Herman and Eliza's eyes widened in shock.

"Dude, you should see a doctor or something." Eliza looked at Theo with worry, her snarky attitude long gone.

"Eh, it's not as bad as it looks. I'm just a little sore." He smiled at them to assure that he was fine. His shirt fell back down, covering him back up. Both of them didn't look convinced but decided to drop the subject.

"Still, there is no way in hell that there is another giant. Let alone a 'nice' one." Herman used air quotes while rolling his eyes. Eliza and Theo narrowed their eyes at him.

"Can we meet him?" Eliza asked with an excited smile on her face. Who could say no to that look?

"Um, I should ask him. Regarding his reaction to seeing me, I think he would be a little overwhelmed." Herman gave him a dry laugh, not believing a single word coming out of Theo's mouth.

Before Theo could say anything else, the waitress came by, holding a tray with all of their food on it. "Hope you all enjoy!" The waitress smiled before walking away.