Act 0 | She, who loves the stars

- --> 'if the person thinks'

- --> "if the person speaks"

_____________________

Somewhere:

"Paimon!"

The floating girl turned around, looking for the person who has called out to her. A cold shudder went down her neck when she found nothing but burnt grass around her, "W-who's there?", she quickly turns around in hope to catch any little movement in her sight, "W-who's calling for Paimon!", she yells but again received no answer.

"Am I imaging things now?", she scratches her head in confusion but shrugged it off as her just being tired. She went back to floating aimlessly around the peak she was on at the moment when suddenly...

"Paimon!"

"AGAIN?", she frantically stops in her tracks and spins around, ready to catch the person who has called out to her a second time, "Come out!", but again found nobody near her sight.

Her blood ran cold.
Has she gone mad now? Has the lack of contact with other people made her crazy now? Paimon's eyes rushed from one side to the other inspecting every single spot in her vision. There were no trees and no big stones near her sight. No bushes where somebody could have possibly hide. Was it a prank? The wind in her ears? But how would the wind know her name... or was it a... "G-g-ghost?", Paimon screamed, hiding her eyes behind her tiny hands only to peek through them.

"Pai..."

Paimon freaked out. Her arms whipping around like a madman in case the so-called ghost tried to kill her.

"Paimon is running away! Leave me alone, you creepy ghost!", and with that, she floated away in panic, her eyes still tightly squeezed together while she gave the air around her the best beating, she could offer.
And it was at this moment Paimon forgot in all her anxiety that she still stood at the end of a cliff, hundreds of metres above the ocean.
Oh, dear.

2 months later:

"Paimon is hungry, make Paimon food!"

The usually floating girl laid face-first on the floor, her legs and arms sprawled around her. She looked like a dying starfish on the shore.

"I can cook you?", a boy with blond hair tied to one single long braid looked down at this companion. He put his bag down next her and watched her crawl closer to it.
He would have laughed if he wasn't even hungrier than her.

"Please don't. Paimon hungry. Paimon not food.", she whined and took her last strength to float over to him only to weakly hit him on the arm, "Paimon would be complaining if it wasn't for the fact that your stomach noises are making me so scared. I'm almost suspecting you're not joking anymore."