Act 4 | Her vision, which truly was different

__________________

__________________

Outside in front of the cathedral:

Nana intertwined her fingers behind her cape while she silently hummed to herself.
She was waiting outside. Why you wonder?
Because she simply didn't want to enter the cathedral.

She wouldn't be much of a help anyway and too many people at once would just raise more suspicion. If they wanted to 'borrow' the holy lyre, a sacred treasure, they shouldn't move in large groups.

'Do they even use their brains?'

She sighed in frustration.
Her hand playing with the handle of her precious dagger that was attached at the back of her hip.
She counted more than 30 stairs that led up to her in a boring state when the three finally left the church.

"Judging by your expressions, you weren't successful?", she stated bluntly, her head tilted to the side.

"Paimon still thinks this guy has a screw loose.", the small female moved her finger next to her temple in a swirling manner.

"I can't believe we agreed on his idea."

Aether whispered as his shoulders slumped down. With tiring steps, he staggered forward and rested his forehead on Nana's shoulder. A deep sigh escaping his lips.

"He wants us to steal it."

"No, I want you to borrow it.", Venti corrected him, before he stumbled back to the stairs, "6 pm, the same location, don't forget!" and without another word, he was gone.

The maiden was slightly confused.
The bard has told them before about the whereabouts of the holy lyre and the probably huge number of knights, who would guard it. So, why did they enter the cathedral anyway, if they planned to 'borrow' it at night-time?
Wouldn't their plan be put at risk that way?
Obviously, Venti had his reasons, why he wanted to investigate now sooner than later, but still, she couldn't stop but feel slightly anxious about the thought of their plan failing.
They could only pray that with their luck nothing will get wrong.

"There, there..."

Nana gently patted the blonde's head, seeing as he had reached the end of his patience before an idea occurred to her.

"How about, we take a little break and get something to eat? We still got a bit of time before we have to meet up again."

Aether raised his head, smiling at her suggestion and the thought of food.

"Yes, food! Paimon is staaarving!"

The three of them strolled down to the main square and took a seat by the shop named Good Hunters.
As they waited for their order, Aether finally found the right moment to ask Nana more about herself. There was no way, a monster would attack them in the middle of a city.