Act 1 | He, who forgot her name

_________________________

"Imagine having to climb up walls, Paimon could never."

The floating fairy snickered mockingly and looked down at the two people below her. Both lifting themselves up at the slope and staring at Paimon with deadpanned eyes.

"No applesauce for you today.", the cold voice of the strange girl cut through the silence that has appeared for a few seconds as she left Paimon behind her.

"What?", Aether snickered at her shocked face, "Paimon is sorry! Please, forgive Paimon! Have mercy!" A smug smile covered his face while he watched her begging in the air.

"Oh wooow, look!"
However not even a minute has passed and she flew away, completely forgetting what she was wailing about earlier.

"She is so easy to distract...", they both sweatdropped at her antics, "Sometimes I really wonder what her age is."

"Maybe five?", the female standing next to him scratched her chin fairly entertained by the thought.

"She's definitely acting like a five-year-old.", he nodded in agreement.

They both went ahead, slightly curious about what had caught their companion's attention this time. Paimon stopped at a pond with an island in the middle. An excited grin plastered on her face as she pointed at what's in the middle of the said isle.

"It's a statue of the seven"

Aether turned to the brown-haired girl and watched her kind eyes twinkling in the sun as she began to explain.

"They are scattered around whole Teyvat, protecting this world. They indicate a rough image of the ruling archon in the respective regions. This one here...", she pointed at the winged figure at the top of the pillar, "is the god that controls the wind. The anemo archon known as Barbatos."

They both crossed the pond, walking closer to the statue as Paimon floated next to Aether, who looked up to the in stone carved figure.

"Paimon is not sure whether the god you're looking for is the anemo archon, but...", she scratches the side of her head in thought, "But Paimon will take you to the anemo gods place first. Maybe, somebody there has caught some news about your sister whereabouts. That's what Paimon hopes at least."

Aether nodded at her and gently ran his fingers across the pillar, deep in his thoughts.
An opportunity to find his sister sooner? He would accept every single offer with no hesitation.
However, he wasn't prepared about what has happened next as a glowing light appeared at his single touch and slowly faded into his chest.

"W-what was that?"
He stumbled a few steps back, withdrawing his hand quite surprised. He looked down to where the orb got absorbed.

"You received the power of anemo!", Paimon examined him closely, eyes wide open "and all you had to do was to touch the statue! Usually, people struggle to get a hold of some power, but for you, it was rather easy peasy!"