Act 12| Ever forgotten memories and fears

__________________

__________________

'It's not real... it is not real... it is just my imagination.'

Fingers burrowed deeply into the palm of her hands, the brunette stared, face blank, but eyes wide, over the horizon where the sun had begun to set down.
She took a slow and shaky breath, a desperate attempt to calm her racing heart down that pounded harshly against her chest and concentrated her chaotic mind towards the wide tranquil looking sky.
Fluffy clouds tinted in shades of pink and orange, decorating it like a water painting, along with the lonely star sparkling in the back, showing darkness will soon befall the land.

'Ignore everything, like always.'

There was a fine line between reality and imagination.
Nana knew that, Childe knew that.
However, with all the current occasions striking down at once, with so much chaos and misfortune happening without a day of break, Nana had long lost sight of that single line.
Perhaps, she thought, it had been no more than another irritating curse she had been granted with. Another so-called gift from the deities that resided above the clouds, those in which she had long lost her hope and trust.
Surely, and she didn't doubt it, it wouldn't be much of a surprise.
Her life itself was a curse already, no?
Locked and hid behind the thickest wall in the back of her mind, all the trauma she had experienced from an early age on, all the loss she had to deal with.
She had no doubt, that these experiences had shaped her into the person she was now.
Though she wasn't so sure anymore which of those incidents had actually happened and which ones had not.
There was only one thing she was sure of; they would lead to something bigger, something even she was terrified of.

"What a mess."

Forced to stand in a circle made of corpses, blood surrounding them that had been explicitly smeared to a certain pattern she had tried best to ignore, Nana could only laugh in disbelief of how minor this instance actually had been for her.
But still, why had she to witness such a view so soon and so unexpected again?

Feeling the sudden ache coming from her cramped palm, she loosened her stiff grip and came back to her senses.
Throbbing pain surrounded the spot, faint marks now evident on the inside of her hands where her fingernails had harshly dug into just a second ago.
Her gaze mindlessly aimed at what seemed to be beyond the wide ocean.

"Is Qiqi... in trouble?"

Tiny arms were wrapped around her waist, clinging on to her in a silly-looking hug while she stood motionless in the middle of the strand.
Head tilted slightly to the side, the small child had looked up to the maiden, somewhat worried she might have done something wrong which could be the cause of the eery tension in the air.

Now to be clear, Qiqi was not visibly, but still obviously confused.
It had left her in utter puzzlement when she had found herself asleep on a vacant beach.
Her task had been to gather some herbs, violet grass to be exact, and return to Bubu pharmacy before sunset. She didn't remember taking a detour, much less walking off the path.
There was nothing she would need from the shore, especially with no shade to hide from the bright sun. 
Perhaps, she had gotten distracted?
Qiqi didn't know.