Act 11| He didn't remember

____________

____________

"All things must pass. Nothing will stay for eternity but only eternity itself."

Zhongli wasn't one to judge people solely by their appearance. Letting actions speak for the behaviour so he could outline the ulterior motive of his opponent.
Proceeding in such a manner had never failed, he was always prepared on how to continue further.
Thus, he had barely any problems with enemies, much less with any potential moles, who could stab him from behind his back.
One could say, he was always one step ahead.

The people were shocked as well as impressed.
How could a consultant of the Wangsheng Funeral Parlour, a man who was barely beyond his mid-twenties, possess an abnormal amount of knowledge about the world and its history?
Such a young-looking man, who had confirmed himself, he had indeed not attended one of the most prestigious universities in Teyvat. Perhaps he was a genius?
How else, would one explain where all this wisdom came from? For some, it almost felt like he had witnessed the many wars and events of the past with his own eyes.
Not even books were progressing that deep into details as he would do.
Though it was certainly impossible; how could such a youthful-looking gentleman, one who doesn't seem to look like an Adeptus, experience and also survive the wars that had happened centuries, even millennia ago?

"Are you not afraid of the future?", Nana's soft voice had cut through the quiet atmosphere, surpassing the monotonous ticking sound of the clock, which stood on the nearest cabinet, "Liyue doesn't seem very happy about losing their archon."

Sitting in the famous Liuli pavilion, popular and well-known for its exquisite cuisine, both had taken a seat on the big table in the centre. Each one of them occupied with a cup of freshly made tea, while they were enjoying their peaceful company.
Zhongli hummed, inhaling the scent of the various herbs infused in his brew and carefully took a sip as to not burn his tongue before his attention had moved back to the female.

"There is nothing to be afraid of.", he spoke, his deep voice vibrating through the air and put the porcelain cup on the table, "The citizens of Liyue have depended on their god too much. The result is now bound with difficulties, which will show if they are capable to withstand the sudden changes in their environment. However, I don't think it's something unachievable."

A brief smile covered his lips.
His amber eyes moved along with her tilted head, watching her how she listened curiously to his opinion while she continued to blow on the hot tea in her hands.

"The Qixing, the adepti and every local living in Liyue; everybody will cope differently with the passing of Rex Lapis. In the end, only time will tell how everything will proceed. The least we can do is hope for the best to happen."

Nana nodded her head understandingly.
She glanced at the tall man, who shared, strangely enough, a lot of similarities with the statue of the seven she had passed several times.
They had the same stature, the same hairdo, probably the same height and abs as well.
The only exception would be the man in front of her wearing a lot more clothes than the sculpture itself.