Happily Ever After Part Two

"Good News, the baby is fine," the OB explained "There's not really any bad news, this is normal for most mothers."

Me and Emily sigh in relief. "Is this gonna happen again because I don't think we could handle another heart attack," Emily said in a joking manner.

The OB laughed. "It shouldn't just take more vitamins and everything should be just fine." She handed me a wipe to wipe off the gel. 

"Oh, I love you so much," Emily said putting her head on my shoulder. I laugh because she's making it harder to wipe off the gel.

"Love you too," I say with a smile on my face. I sit and think for a moment. "I think I wanna make Reid the godfather."

Emily puts her head up. "And why is that?" She asks confused.

"We've gotten really close during my pregnancy, and I can tell he's gonna get attached to h-"

The OB walks in, interrupting me. "Sorry for barging in but we are about to practice a drill so if you would like to participate, you can stay." She puts my charts on the door and walks out.

I immediately get up, putting my shoes back on. 

"He's already the godfather of two kids. What happens when we all blow up and he has to take care of three kids. He can barely do laundry." 

"He's the smartest guy I've ever met, and I would like our child to be a genius." Emily nods.

"Only if I can pick the godmother." I look at her.

"Deal."

5 months pregnant

"Emily! I need you to help me with this!" I yell across the house. She comes running."I can't pick up the book. My belly is too fat."

She laughs and picks it up. "It is just the right size." She kisses my belly.

I grab the book and sit down on the stairs, my favorite place to read.:) Emily sits down next to me.

"What about a middle name?" She asks trying to unfocus me from my book. "I think I like Jaz." 

I put my book down. "We are not naming our child Jaz."

"Do you have any other suggestions?" 

"Yes, I do. Gray." I say bluntly.

She nods in agreement. "I think I like that."

Then I go back to reading my book.

9 months pregnant

I wake up feeling wet. I sit up from my bed. Im probably just really hot. My big belly isn't helping me cool down either. I pull the blanket off of me trying not to wake up my wife.  I'm half asleep when I start to get pains in my vajajay. I get up again. I'm probably just dehydrated. I get up and walk to the kitchen. I take a glass out of the cabinet and fill it up with water. Damn, there's those pains again. I chug the water and wait a minute for the pains to stop. Then I feel like I peed myself.

Wait a minute. 

I look down to see a pile of water under my feet. It takes me a minute to put two and two together, but I finally get it, just in time for the pain. I slowly walk to my room.

"e- emily." I say lowly. She doesn't hear me, "Emily." I say louder because of the cramp. She finally wakes up.

"Uh, yes?" She says rubbing her eyes.

"My water just broke."