Together

Kiara found that for once, she was happy to see her surroundings turn gray. A normal person wouldn't know what a sight like that meant, but Kiara knew very well what it meant for her.

Mori Calliope arrived not so long after she departed from the surface, for Kiara had only outlived her for a few years. Kiara sat down on the grass ground and looked around to find her.

Calliope was anxious and her mind was clouded, but she understood she had to do her job, and either way, Kiara would be back in no time.

Kiara beamed at her when she finally showed herself.
Before she could say anything, Calli raised her hand and looked away.

-"Let's just... Talk at the underworld"

Wanting to finish her shift without wasting her time, she pulled out her scythe and walked towards her.

"I'll see you at my place"

Kiara hadn't stopped being used to Calli's weapon, but it felt a bit more personal this time.

~~~~~~~~~~

Kiara only ever woke up in the underworld if her death made her feel pain when asleep, but this time, a warm feeling and burning determination made her decide to get up from where she was and run straight to Calli's house.
Even though Calli put up the meeting, Kiara arrived way earlier than her.

-"(Standing outside would be so boring...)"

She thought as she stared at the open window.
Surely Calli wouldn't mind if she found her inside, it'd be a nice surprise, or so she thought.

Once inside, she sat down on Calli's bed and stared into nothingness.

"(Come to think of it... Our last encounter here wasn't that nice...)"

She remembered the constant exchange of shouting, back when she was ungrateful to her.
With the weight of shame she had just dropped on herself, she let her back fall back on Calli's bed.

"(But at least things are different now... Right?)"

She looked around.
Another thing she remembered was her unanswered question. There were other things to talk about, but something still remained.

She crawled next to Calli's drawer and put her hand on its handle.

"(I wonder...)"

Just as she was about to open it, She heard Calli's door opening.

-"...Kiara?"

-"Ah!"

She didn't get to see if the feather was still there before she closed the drawer.

"H-hello, Calli!"

She sat up and waved her arm while smiling, already expecting to be scolded.

But instead, Calli just looked at her with scornful eyes.

-"You didn't have to break in"

She crossed her arms.

"I would have let you in normally"

Calli made her way to her wardrobe and pulled out a wine bottle and a glass.

-"Sorry..."