Sleep

Calliope stood still, staring at the very same creature she had slain not so long ago.

-"(It... It can't be...)"

The same feathers, beak, and eyes as the one sick bird that had pissed her off last time.
It turned around.

-"Oh, didn't see you there, Death lady!"

-"Wh... You're not..."

It approached her.

-"Yup! I'm Takanashi Kiara!"

-"How are you here?! Did you escape the underworld again? And stop calling me Death lady!"

Kiara chuckled.

-"Underworld?"

Kiara's lack of interest and aparent humourous attitude just enraged Calliope further.

-"Don't you dare play dumb again! How the hell did you escape, and just how many times?!"

She backed off, intimidated by Calliope's hostility.

-"Ah, well I..."

Kiara said nervously.

"I don't know what you mean by "underworld", to be honest"

-"WH-"

Calliope took a deep breath and sighed out her built up rage.

"(This doesn't matter)"

She thought.

"(This thing's probably just really... Really dumb)"

After calming herself down, she was willing to go on with the pointless conversation.

"... Okay, If you have never been to the underworld, then what happens after I kill you?"

-"hmm..."

The bird stood still, as if it were intensely thinking or remembering something, it tilt its head side to side slowly and looked up at the night sky.

Finally, Calliope knew it was going to say something after it stopped its thinking and opened its beak.

"...I don't know!"

-"(that was anti-climatic...)"

The stupid bird figured out its lack of knowledge regarding her own death or deaths.

-"I just wake up somewhere else, as if I had gone to sleep!" 

Mori stared at her. She'd heard somewhere that giant majestic birds existed, beings capable of reincarnation that held a tremendous power and might. They were beings that couldn't die, for they'd rise again from their ashes. But looking back at what she was facing, "Takanashi Kiara", who was apparently one of these phoenixes had nothing about her that was "Majestic" or "Mighty", just a stupid talkative talking bird that knew nothing about her obvious circumstances or surroundings. There was no way that thing could be a phoenix.

And so, Calliope decided that if this wasn't a phoenix, it meant that it could indeed die.

-"Alright, let me just try again"

So she just pulled out her scythe with the intent to put an end to that nonesense.

-"No, no wait!"

And she brought down the blade on the birds forehead.

-"bye!"