I promise I'm ok mama

Anastasia's POV:

"I'm talking to you," she snaps me back into reality. This is really not a conversation I was planning on having on my second day at this school.

"He found me trying to find our room, since as you know Dowling didn't give me a tour of the place until this morning, we just talked that's all," I explain, I have no interest in going into drama with her, but I don't want to anger her by giving away that I was with him all three hours, "I know he's with Bloom and I'm not planning to do anything," I assure her and some of her 'mean girl' façade falls down, I can almost hear a faint sigh of relief.

"Ok, good," she states simply and I smile at her, the most genuine smile I can, because she really seems like a good, loyal friend, and having her on your side would be nice, she returns with a smile herself, this time I'm pretty sure it is real; though she would never admit it.

When we make our way back to our little group I avoid Sky's eyes, this will help prove that I have no plans when it comes to him. I did only meet him yesterday. The only moment I let me eyes wander to him is when his arms slithers around Bloom's shoulders and he looks lost in her eyes as she's explaining something about today's lesson to him, I force myself to smile, which seems to satisfy Stella.

Instead of trying to join the others' conversation I look around at all the students, I spot Beatrix and Riven stood very close together, he looks down at her, and she bites her lip. I wouldn't of connected those two together if I hadn't seen them together like this, but I guess it makes sense- two dark aesthetics like this.

I'm pulled out of my own head when Professors Dowling, Silva and Harvey come up to the semi stage and ask us all to sit down. Of course I've somehow ended up next to Sky, but thankfully I have Terra on the other side of me, so she'll try to talk to me the whole time.

"Students, I would like to announce, to all our previous and current students, next Friday we will be holding our annual Christmas party," Dowling announces with a proud smile, this must be a tradition close to her heart. I try to imagine what these halls look like all decorated for the snowy season and excitement takes over a little too much, I start to see darkness forming in my hands, but I quickly focus to change it to fire and shut it out as quick as possible.

She continues to make announcements, every student finds something to be excited about, and I have decided that I will not let my past situation bring me down, I am going to be living the years I have in this school to their full potential. Silver announces that there will be a host and hostess crowned then whispers and squeaks spread like wildfire through the crowds, I turn to Terra confused.

"It's basically like a king and queen of a prom, they get a special dance and they're the ones who get to light the torches at the big celebration of light in a few weeks," she explains. Sounds fascinating enough, but is it as exciting as the crowd is making it out to be? I guess I'll have to research into the big celebration of light and it's origins.

The teachers finish and Dowling calls me over to introduce me to Professor Harvey, he greets me kindly and explains he's Terra's father and that he has a son at this school as well called Sam. When they seem to go off into their own conversations, I take it as the right moment to walk away, I'm about to walk over to our little group Riven shouts me over.

I hesitate for a second but what's there to lose? He stands with a smirk on his face, and a normal looking water bottle, but by his face when he drinks it I can tell it may be a little more powerful than water.

"Want some?" he asks still looking out to the crowd instead of me, I grab the bottle out his hand and take a big swing into my mouth.

"Hey, hey! Calm down sunshine, the party's not till tonight," he looks me up and down, I wonder what Beatrix would think of this, "You'll be coming won't you?" he asks, whispering into my ear.