There's worse on its way

(THIS IS AN EDITED CHAPTER THAT WAS WRITTEN AND INITIALLY RELEASED IN 2021 AND THEN ARCHIEVED FOR EDITING)

Anastasia's POV:

I open my eyes and I see a white ceiling above me, I yawn and rub my eyes before sitting up, I roll my shoulders backwards, I feel refreshed, I'm in my room in the suit, I feel a weight being taken off of my chest.

I know what happened, and I know this may mean that I might have to leave, they may want me dead but maybe if I convince them I'll go back to the first world and never return then there's a chance that they could let me live, and that would be ok too.

I get up and get changed, I see the morning sun rising, it peaks into my room and I do a twirl, I feel so free, maybe it's the fact that I have nothing pulling me from the forest, or the fact that I know my past and I that I don't have to lie to the ones I love, or anyone at all, I think it's all of those things together.

I unleash my hair from the ponytail and get changed, black leggings with a grey turtleneck sweater accompanied with a red leather jacket, if I'm going then I'm going in style, the minute I look into the mirror I look so much more alive than I have in the last few weeks, it feels like the second day all over again, except that bubble is going to burst the minute I'm out the door.

I step into the main room of the suit, they're all there, comfortable clothes, mugs, and smiles, all my friends, Sam and Sky, I feel the tears stinging in my eyes, it was a good decision not to put on any makeup.

They all beam when they see me awake, calling me over, Terra passes me a mug and Sky moves over for me to sit down, his arm around me, we're all laughing over some stupid joke, everyone's happy, I'm assuming I did it, I killed those monsters, but right now I want to block out those memories and whatever came over me.

"You transformed," Aisha brings us as if on command, the whole room goes quiet and I run my lounge over my teeth,

"Did you know you had the power of light?" Stella asks, amazement in her eyes, I only knew of the fire, the darkness and started discovering the mind but nothing else, I answer to myself in my brain but only shake my head at the girl, for some reason I can't seem to find the voice to answer,

"It was so sick! You looked badass, all the students couldn't believe it, we were all so mesmerised!" Bloom calls, that's when it's all about to come crashing down, all those students, I'm about to ask whether anyone said anything when Dowling appears in our doorway,

She lets out a chuckle, "You should be letting her rest, not leading an interrogation about things she probably has little explanation for herself," she says, I stand up and rush over to hug her, she's hesitant at first but puts her arms around me.

"I'm so glad this is over," I whisper but apparently everyone heard me because Terra starts speaking behind me, "Well, it's not over yet, wait until you see what's going on in the cafeteria," she says, an over-whelmed sarcastic laugh follows, I pull away and turn around, everyone looks to Terra with a 'really?' facial expression, including Dowling,

"What's going on in the cafeteria?" I asked brushing my hair behind my ears, switching to look between all their faces, Dowling only lets out a sigh, and gestures for me to follow her.

I feel the pit in my stomach growing again, why has there always got to be more trouble? The whole group is with me, anyone yet to mention anything about a death for me, nothing could have prepared me for what I see in the cafeteria though, maybe it's worse than death itself.

My eyes search the room, which seems to have become a hospital wing, there's students walking around with blankets, food and water, there's loads of people covered in black dust particles, burns, cuts, there's hundreds of them, they all wear dirty ragged clothes like they belong in the olden days,