Never give up my sunshine

(THIS IS AN EDITED CHAPTER THAT WAS WRITTEN AND INITIALLY RELEASED IN 2021 AND THEN ARCHIEVED FOR EDITING)  My favorite chapter yet :) I hope you enjoy ❤️x

I'm thankful when I spot Beatrix with Riven, about to walk into the library, a bit of sadness washes over me, maybe I'm not the only person he takes to this place,

"Hey! Beatrix!" I shout and she looks around for a moment before she sees me, the disgust of her face disappears when she realizes it was me calling and not some random kid, I quickly catch up with them.

She pushes a braid over the side of her shoulder, "What's up?" she asks, her eyes sparkle under the low lights, I look over to Riven with a pleading look, he scoffs, and walks into the library, typical Riven.

"I need to get back into the east wing," I whisper quickly as if someone heard me say such thing I'd be killed, she looks around for a moment and one of her eyebrows lift, "You want to look for your mother's diaries right?" she asks, and one side of her mouth lifts into a smirk, her pupils dilate.

How did she know about all this? Did she already find the journals? Before I can stop it the questions slips past my lips, "How did you know?" I ask my face clearly displaying confusion, this is the second time she knew something I was looking for or wanted to do, without anyone telling her.

She shrugs, "Some say the walls talk, and I'm a listener," she smiles, I have this foreboding feeling but I let it get away from me, "So, are you free to go?" I ask, her expression doesn't budge.

"Right now?" she asks, maybe like speaking to a child, and my hopeful eyes are able to answer her question, "Meet me here, at 8, it'll be dark, easier to sneak in and out," she explains and nod, she's probably off to hook up with Riven, I go to the cafeteria for a bit, I can sit here until 7 then bury myself in a study room until 8, that way I don't have to return to the suit.

After about half an hour of playing games on my phone someone approaches me, I have to take a double take when I turn around, it's Sky.

"Hey," he says quietly, he looks tired, more like exhausted, "Hey, I've heard you've not been doing too well?" I turn to face him, he shakes his head a little and takes a deep breath.

"I hope that isn't because of me," I start and he looks and me but doesn't reply, "I'd hate for me to be the reason you're sad all the time, and not be the loving, funny, genuine guy you are," I add at the end, hoping to loosen him up a little.

He runs his hand through his hair, "It's a bit of that, it's also coming up to my dad's death anniversary and all these other feelings I'm having," he explains and I nod my head,

"I can't even begin to understand what it must be like to know your father was such an amazing person, and it feel like everyone knew him better than you," I say but he chuckles and I look towards him confused.

"You know exactly what that feels like," he argues, "You were adopted, or now as we know the situation, but you lost both of your parents before you met them and everyone is denying to tell you anything," he adds, but it isn't the same.

I shift in my seat and my leg accidently sways over his, I move it quickly, but  he maneuvers to place his back next to mine, and I hate that a hint of a smile spreads over my face, "It's not the same, I grew up with my ma, dad and Mar for most of my life, and I know you have Silva, but he's not your dad, not even adopted dad," I say and instantly regret it, "I didn't mean to make it sound like that," I say and he moves his hand to my arm,

"It's ok, I know what you mean," he says, a smile returns to his face, he then moves his hand back to the spot where I healed him, he notices that my eyes flutter to where his hand is.