Endless Summers To Spend Eternity Together (Part 1)

A/N:
Alright, I know it's been a while since I've last updated. Sorry for that. I have been busy lately these last couple of months. With school and all. And not to mention, moving to a different continent. But no worries. I have plans on finishing this fic one way or another. So yeah, here it is.
P. S. Hope y'all had a good Christmas and New Year! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A year had passed, since Zhao Yunlan officially met his siren, Wei.

Zhao Yunlan waited for Wei to return. He managed to stay at the summer house for good. It took a lot of paperwork to reverse the process. But it was worth it. As long as he could see Wei again, then everything he had done was worth it.

Zhao Yunlan even gave up his apartment when he saw no point of leaving the place he now called home.

His father had been furious when Zhao Yunlan announced that he was moving into the summer house and tried to find work there. But in the end, there was nothing his father could do about it and left his son to deal with it on his own. Ultimately, losing contact.

His friends, however, visited Zhao Yunlan whenever they could. The first few visits, Da Qing and Zhu Hong tried to persuade Zhao Yunlan into leaving the house.

But it was no use. However they tried, Zhao Yunlan wouldn't change his mind. So they finally gave up on that and tried to be there for him as much as they possibly could.

But all Zhao Yunlan could think about was his charming siren, Wei.

Ever since that night, Wei didn't visit him anymore. Was that it? Was it the last time Zhao Yunlan would ever see him?

Zhao Yunlan couldn't accept that. He didn't want to give up on him. Not after that passionate night they shared. Not after he carelessly gave his heart and soul to the siren.

And so he waited.

It felt like years, waiting for Wei to come back.

For so long, Zhao Yunlan couldn't bear another thought of missing Wei anymore.

He took off and went to the nearby port. And rented a fisherman boat. He thought that he could find Wei at that remote island. Unfortunately, he didn't realize the upcoming storm that was headed his way.

Zhao Yunlan drove the small boat out into the sea and shouted for Wei like a madman.

But he got no response.

He waited a while, until the boat shook, leaving him off-balance. Zhao Yunlan immediately gripped onto the sides of the boat.

He suddenly felt a dark blue hand grabbing his hand. Its sharp nails dug into Zhao Yunlan's skin, making Zhao Yunlan scream out of pain.

He certainly caught a siren's attention, unfortunately, this siren seemed to be vicious. This was definitely not Wei. He recalled that Wei had black scale-like hands, while his attacker had a different color.

He tried to shake the hand off him, but it was no use. The hand was much stronger than him. He tried to smack it with his other hand, but it was no use.

He suddenly heard a weird cackle from below. It made his hair rise up, and shudder out of fear.

This was it, he thought. This is how I'm gonna die.

Zhao Yunlan's only regret was that he never got the chance to see Wei again.

He heard the water splashing wildly and suddenly, the hand released him and disappeared from sight.