Epilogue (You Feel Like Home)

Zhao Yunlan woke up from a deep slumber that felt like an eternity. Which turned out that he fell asleep on the couch, while he was waiting for his husband. Even though he told him not to.

Zhap Yunlan felt as if he woke up from a terrible nightmare. He did not remember the details, but he could feel the pain in his heart and how it was beating increasingly. He knew that it had to do with Shen Wei. But he reminded himself that it was just a dream. A scary and painful dream. That was now over.

Zhao Yunlan sighed and slowly shifted to his side to look for his phone, which he eventually did.

It had only been two hours since Shen Wei was paged for work. It annoyed Zhao Yunlan very much, but nevertheless he understood and was proud of his husband. The best cardiac surgeon in the country. Yes, there were times when work got in the way of their life. A lot of times, in fact. Zhao Yunlan was not a patient man, but for his baobei, he would do anything for him. He would even wait on him for eternity.

Zhao Yunlan sighed as he thought of Shen Wei. Even though it had been hours, he missed him dearly. It had been like that ever since he met Shen Wei, Zhao Yunlan swore that there had been this connection between them. As if it was fated for them to meet. To be together. To love each other. Zhao Yunlan wasn't exactly a hopeless romantic. Heck! He didn't believe in love at first sight, but it happened. It happened when he first laid eyes on the handsome doctor, who brought him back to life. Literally. He met Shen Wei when he was at the hospital after an accident at work. It wasn't exactly an accident, more of a "the culprit is getting a way so try to outsmart them by doing something that might put your life in leopardy" kind of situation. So, when Zhao Yunlan saw the doctor who saved his life, it didn't take him a moment later to ask the handsome doctor, Shen Wei, out. At first, Shen Wei refused, due to the policy of not dating patients. But, Zhao Yunlan did not accept defeat, no was not an acceptable question. Instead of asking Shen Wei again every time he would visit him, Zhao Yunlan waited patiently. He waited until he was discharged from the hospital. Shen Wei was seeing him out and that was when Zhao Yunlan asked him out for dinner, which Shen Wei blushed in response. But, finally, the heart doctor was his.

Zhao Yunlan chuckled at the memory as he looked at his wedding ring. They had recently got married. It wasn't a magnificent, big wedding. It was with close friends and family. It was perfect, since he married the love of his life. Who made his life brighter. Who made his monochrome world bursting into vibrant and brilliant colors.

Even with complications in their way, Zhao Yunlan was happy. Because he knew he could get through anything with Shen Wei right by his side.

Suddenly, Zhao Yunlan heard the door opening. He immediately got up and sprinted towards the door, to find his husband standing there with a few grocery bags.

Shen Wei huffed out a laugh and shook his head as he saw Zhao Yunlan. He placed the grocery bags on the ground and greeted his husband with a slow, sweet, passionate kiss.

Their foreheads touched as they were gasping for air.

Zhao Yunlan felt like he was waiting an eternity for Shen Wei. Dramatic as it sounded, it was the truth. He was his love, his life and his home. The other half of his soul...

"I'm home." Shen Wei whispered as he gazed lovingly into Zhao Yunlan's dark eyes.

"Welcome home, baobei."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

This is it. Their chapter is finally closed. Yes, folks. This is the end. Sorry for the short chapter. I actually wanted to write this for so long, but I lacked the time and motivation and inspiration. But here it is! I hope y'all like it! And a big thank you to everyone for reading this weird creation I came up with. Thank you<3 Also, I loved all your comments. Thank you so much! Your comments always made my day brighter!! And who knows what kind of story I'll write next. Muahahaha

PS: 

If your confused with this chapter, lemme break it down for ya. These are the reincarnated version of the previous two. Yes. Wei is now a human who is named, of course, Shen Wei!! Plus he's a doctor, always saving lives and helping people;)