The Fifth Summer & A Reunion

A fresh college graduate Zhao Yunlan stood in front of the house in which he used to live during the summer. 

This was the last time Zhao Yunlan would visit the house. He saw no point in keeping it anyways. He currently needed the money to pay his college loans and he hadn't been in the house in years. 
It was best if he put in the housing market, earning him some money. 

Zhao Yunlan slightly recounted the strange things that had happened in that house, that beach, the whole place in general. But as time went on, he stopped believing in it and instead, he managed to think that he had made it all up. That it was all him, figments of his imagination, at least, that was what his therapist told him. He visited his therapist when he was fifteen and he forgot the events then, so it had to work again.

Zhao Yunlan knew that it was time to let go. He had to. He needed to stop chasing some fantasy, a ghost that was haunting him or more specifically the "siren"; so he could finally have a normal and boring life.

Zhao Yunlan could still recall that night, as if it were yesterday. He couldn't forget that long dark hair, his dark eyes and his enchanting voice. Zhao Yunlan wanted to believe he was real, but maybe he just dreamt him up. Maybe he didn't exist. Just a person created in Zhao Yunlan's imagination. 

Zhao Yunlan looked at the house and examined how it still looked the same. 
He wondered how it was still well-maintained. There wasn't anyone around who could possibly clean the house or occupy it. Zhao Yunlan was sure of that. He was the only one who had access to the house. 

He sighed and opened the door. Let's get this over with. 

Zhao Yunlan had to pack all the things that belonged to him and his family, which would take him a few days, maybe a week or so. Originally, he was planning on hiring a few guys, but Zhao Yunlan needed to save money and would handle everything on his own instead. 

On the day of his arrival, Zhao Yunlan decided to sleep in his old bedroom. He was tired from traveling. He didn’t care if something bad might happen. All he could think was getting some sleep in the afternoon.

He dragged himself upstairs and fell onto the bed, without taking his shoes off. Unnoticed to Zhao Yunlan, the bedroom seemed to be tidied up. It wasn't covered in dust nor cobwebs. 

Zhao Yunlan was swept over by exhaustion and drifted off to sleep. 

Little did he know that someone had sneaked into his room in the middle of the night and took off his shoes. And that someone placed a blanket gently on Zhao Yunlan. 

And that someone happened to be the “siren” 

The siren stopped and admired Zhao Yunlan in his sleep. The siren couldn't take his eyes off Zhao Yunlan, for he had missed him dearly. Missed his presence. His warmth. His entire being. 

His heart ached for Zhao Yunlan. He had seen him multiple times throughout the years, watching over him, guarding him, protecting him whenever he could. But it wasn’t enough.

The siren slowly crept close to Zhao Yunlan, the floorboards creaking. He knelt down, face-to-face with a sleeping Zhao Yunlan. He fought the urge of touching him. He tried many times, he desperately tried not to touch him. 
As much as he wanted to, he knew Zhao Yunlan would be frightened by the sight of him. 
But alas, his hand found its way onto Zhao Yunlan's cheek. 

Running in the dark to find youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें