1

"I WANT TO DIE," Theresa sighed, voice quiet enough so only she could catch it.

Delilah had known her roommate for one day now and yet the girl had shown so many different moods that she was now sure they would be best friends forever. They were sitting in their first lesson, Introduction to Astronomy, and yet she felt like she had no idea what her professor was talking about. He was going for two hours already with no break, Theresa having given up an hour and a half ago.

"I know it's the first day," Theresa whispered," but this class makes me think of dropping out."

"It'll be fine," Delilah promised her, squeezing her hand happily," we'll do a study session tonight before the eclipse, I have some calming tea which is infused with special herbs."

"Weed?" Theresa said with wide eyes.

"Care to explain to the rest of the class what's so interesting that you're interrupting me?"

Theresa's gaze snapped to the front, slightly panicked, but Delilah could only focus on the ghost who came through the wall behind the professor. The guy started scanning the room determinedly, before shouting, the sermon her professor was giving them drowning out behind his voice.

"Is there a Delilah here?" he said," I heard there's someone who can see ghosts and wants to help us around here." He floated to the front row, coming close to the students there as he waved his hand in front of their faces. "Hello? Is it you?"

She stood up, offering the professor an apologetic smile as she took her bag, the ghost's eyes flicking up to her.

"Can I be excused?" she said," I need to go to the toilet for a second."

"Hey!" Theresa whispered at her, grabbing her sleeve before she could leave," I almost forgot to say because you distracted me with the weed tea thing, but we can't do a study session tonight. There's a frat party to start the year off, we'll be going -"

The ghost's face popped up right in front of her, so close she could count his eyelashes. "Are you Delilah?"

"Yes," she replied, Theresa immediately flashing a bright smile at her.

"Alright!" the ghost grinned," it took me so long to find you. Okay, so I have this close friend of mine, we kind of left things rough before I passed -"

She didn't say anything else, instead walking out of the room as the ghost followed behind, continuing his story. Halfway through he was suddenly pushed back, Mateo having appeared out of nowhere, a frown on his face. They were about to get into a fight when Delilah stepped in between, unable to touch them but letting her gaze speak for itself.

"What are you doing, Mateo?" she asked gently, looking at his brooding face," I thought you were wandering the campus."

"I was," he said," so you could get to focus completely on your lesson. I know how much you've been looking forward to this, Delilah, so this guy can wait for a moment before you do anything for him."

"Who are you to say something?" the ghost frowned," I don't remember asking you."

Mateo raised an eyebrow at him, before letting a smile make it's way on his face. Though the ghost blinked in surprise, Delilah knew that wasn't a good sign at all. Still, he kept himself in, not moving as he spoke again.

"Delilah is too nice to say no," he said," but I can say it for her. So get out of here and come back after her lesson, before I -"

"Let's calm down," Delilah intervened, warmth clear on her face," you worry too much for me, Mateo, it's fine. I'm the only one who can do this anyway, so it would be selfish not to." She turned to the ghost, nodding at him. "So, I just need to contact your friend? Can you give me a general description of him?"