doctor, doctor.

"mm'daddy, wan' milky." harry slurred, lazily making grabby hands for the warm bottle of milk in louis' hand, as the older man climbed in the car next to harry.

"shh, calm down bubs, you can have it in a second." louis assured him, reaching over the boy to grab his diaper bag from niall and setting it down by his feet, before shaking the bottle to distribute the vanilla essence he put in it earlier, knowing harry likes his bottles sweet.

"everyone's buckled?" niall asked as he got into the driver's seat next to liam, louis checking that harry's car seat buckles were secured before handing him the bottle, harry taking it easily and bringing it up to his mouth, beginning to suck on the teat quietly and letting his eyes fall closed.

"we're good back here, babe," louis said, "zee, you're all buckled?" louis asked, leaning forward in his seat to tap zayn on the shoulder, the boy turning and taking his earbuds out so he could hear louis properly.

"you're all buckled up?" louis repeated, zayn nodding and putting his earbuds back in once louis had nodded and patted his shoulder, leaning back in his seat and buckling his seat belt as niall started the car and pulled out of the driveway.

the family was currently on their way to the doctor's office, for the liam and zayn's yearly checkups, as well as a solution for the nasty rash harry had. it pretty much covered his entire lower regions, and the two dads felt downright awful for him. louis and niall had tried practically everything, from rash creams to baby powders in hopes to soothe it, but nothing was working. in fact, it only seemed to be getting worse for poor harry, who had a full on meltdown almost every time he needed a change.

the ride was quiet for the most part, as niall and liam chatted quietly in the front seats while zayn listened to his music, and the only sounds coming from harry was him snuffling around his bottle, the warm milk making him sleepy, and not long after, the boy was passed out, his parted lips glossed over with milk and curls a mess. louis gently took the bottle from where it had dropped on his thigh and tucked it away in the diaper bag, quickly wiping his lips clean with his thumb and switching the bottle for a soother so harry wouldn't complain about it when he woke up.

louis caught niall's gaze in the rearview mirror, the irish man smiling at him for a moment before glancing back to the road. "he's passed out back there, babe?"

"yep, managed to finish his bottle too," louis said, "hopefully he'll just sleep the rest of the ride." he chewed on his lip, glancing over to harry.

"lou, he'll be fine. it's just a quick checkup." niall said, sensing his husband's worry about the appointment. neither of the men had told harry where they were going, as the mention of doctors around the boy usually just resulted in a meltdown, which was normal for most kids.

"i know, just don't want him to be overwhelmed or anything." louis mumbled, niall giving him a reassuring smile in the mirror again.

it wasn't long before the family was pulling into the parking lot of the doctor's office, and to say louis was worried was a bit of an understatement. the four unbuckled their seat belts, louis reaching over a still snoozing harry to pass niall the diaper bag before unbuckling the younger boy and situating him on his hip, niall locking the car doors after everyone was out and slinging the bag around his shoulder.

the family made their way into the office, louis taking harry, liam and zayn to sit in the waiting room while niall checked them in, the man digging the boys' health cards out of the diaper bag before handing it over to louis and heading over to the front desk.

"harry baby, wakey wakey bub," louis murmured into harry's ear, gently plucking the soother from his lips and rubbing soothing circles on his back as he stirred awake, whining softly into his daddy's neck at the disturbance of his nap. "i know, i know, daddy's sorry love, but it's time to wake up, we're just gonna go for a quick little check up." louis cooed as harry rubbed his eyes adorably and glanced around them, the waiting room completely empty except for a few nurses passing through here and there, as it was early, only around ten, on a saturday morning.