accidents happen.

"harry baby, i think it's bedtime for you, mister." louis said softly, eyeing as a yawn escaped the younger lad's mouth and he rubbed at his eyes tiredly.

louis was slightly taken aback when harry didn't even protest and just held his arms up, silently asking louis to carry him, as usually he put up a fight about going to sleep before the rest of the boys, saying he was a 'big boy' and that he could 'go to sleep at the same time as the other boys', which is a complete lie because the poor kid could barely keep his eyes open past nine.

"want me to take him, lou?" niall offered, ready to get up from his seat on the couch, as he knew louis was usually the one to get harry ready for bed.

"you don't mind getting him ready?" louis asked, running a hand through his hair as he looked up at niall who shook his head, until they heard harry whine. "wan' boo to take me."

"haz, i think louis is pretty tired, why don't you let ni-ni take you up to get ready," niall began, only to be cut off by harry whining something incoherent again.

"no worries ni, i got it." louis responded, smiling appreciatively at niall, before turning his attention back to harry, who had clambered onto zayn and was dozing off in his lap as zayn played with his hair.

louis smiled fondly as he pulled harry into his arms and he rested his head on louis' shoulder, eyes fluttering closed. "no no, it's not sleepy-time yet bubba, we still gotta brush those pretty teeth of yours and change into some jammies." louis cooed, bouncing the boy slightly on his hip to make sure harry stayed awake enough for louis to get him to brush his teeth and change into more comfy clothes.

"no baba?" harry drawled, arms sneaking around louis' neck as he got harry situated comfortably on his hip.

"no babe, no baba tonight." louis answered, not wanting to give harry a bottle and have him fall asleep while drinking it and end up choking.

"let's say good night to the boys baby, and then we'll get you off to bed." louis said, continuing to bounce the boy gently as the rest of the lads said their good nights and gave harry a kiss on the head.

"mm, sleepy boo." harry slurred tiredly, thumb dangerously close to his mouth as louis chuckled quietly, gently moving his hand away from his face, not wanting harry to start that habit again as he took the boy into the bathroom.

"i know babes, just gotta stay awake
for me for a little bit longer." louis said, as he set harry down on the sink counter and grabbed his toothbrush, applying a small glob of toothpaste on it, before running it under the tap and handing it to harry, telling him to brush.

"two minutes babe, and then we can go get into some jammies, yeah?" louis said, pulling his phone out of his pocket and setting a timer, before sending a quick text to anne, who was asking how their break was going, and how harry was handling all the stress of being away from home.

considering that harry was fifteen, he was handling it all pretty well, especially with his mentality. there was nothing really wrong with him, he was just slightly underdeveloped, meaning he just acted a lot younger than he actually was, and that he had trouble doing everyday tasks that a fifteen year old should be able to do themselves. teens harry's age were usually at the peak of puberty and moody over everything, but harry wasn't even close to puberty, and was only moody when the boys didn't let him watch his cartoons. plus, the older lads got away with a lot more babying than they would if harry wasn't, which they definitely weren't complaining about. the boys loved harry to pieces, and they wouldn't change a thing about him.

"you doing okay there, bub?" louis stifled a laugh, as he watched harry begin to nod off while he was brushing his teeth.

"m'huh." harry mumbled, sending louis a sleepy half smile, toothpaste dripping down his lips.