004 pt.3 - m.w.

song: romantic lover - eyedress

warnings: none

Narrator pov (2nd person):

Later on after your conversation with Mike you and the group that was there had a whole plan for what was to come. You, the party, and Steve had to stay at the house even though you all wanted to help and El was leaving us again along with the adults and Will. You all didn't know what they were doing with Will but you were worried and you knew El was strong but you were still worried about her.

There was a while of you all just sitting there doing nothing and your mind kept going back to the conversation you had with Mike, you didn't know what to do and you never knew he liked you, you were oblivious this whole time and you thought he hated you. After a little bit you all heard a car outside, and it didn't sound good. Steve tells you all to stay inside and you all looked out the window, it was Billy, Max's brother.

*skip to after the fight*

After seeing what was going on it was quite scary, you were so scared you held whoever's hand was closest to you. You didn't notice who it was just yet because you were too nervous but the hand gripped yours back. After the whole situation was over and you saw Max stand up to Billy you looked and saw that the hand you were holding was Mike, he noticed too and you both slowly let go. Max took Billy's keys and said you're all gonna leave.

You sat closest to the window on Dustins side as Steve was unconscious next to him and Mike was holding gasoline next to Steve. Max was driving and Lucas was in the passengers seat. You made it to the strange hole to get to the tunnels underground. You immediately starts feeling weird when you arrive, you had a bad feeling about this. But you all got your gear on and entered, you were gonna set fire to the heart of this.

You had been in the tunnels for a while and breathing in the toxic fumes. It wasn't good for you at all but you pushed through even though it was kind of weakening you. A demodog (not dart) came up to you guys to attack you guys, Steve was hitting it but it wasn't working. You walk up to it, stare at it and it explodes from the inside out, like the phone from before. You knew that it wasn't you imagination, it was definitely you and a power you never knew you had before because your nose was bleeding now, like El's. You fell because of getting weak after that and Steve helped you up, he helped you walk the whole way, meeting with Dart on the way and to the point where you set the heart on fire. You all ran out in fear and made it back to the car.

Your pov:

"Holy shit y/n, what the fuck was that back there?" Max asked because she didn't have time to before.

"I-I don't know, it just happened. I think it's something new." You said still surprised and weak from earlier.

"I don't know what it was either but it was badass." Dustin chimed in.

"Yeah it was crazy but cool, I've never seen something like that before." Max said agreeing with Dustin. All the others agreed with the two as you thanked them, even Mike thought it was cool.

I sensed El had finished the job as I felt so much weight lifted off of me. I knew she did it because all the stress that was on me and all the things I was feeling about this was gone and my nose started to bleed randomly.

"She did it." I whispered to myself.

"What was that?" Mike looked to me.

"She closed the gate." I feel a smile form on my face and we all go in for a group hug, we were so proud of El.

*time skip to dance*

I had arrived with Will since I was still staying with his family, Hopper offered me to stay with him and El but Joyce insisted that I stay because I've been there for a while already. But El and I would visit very often and would hang out with the party together.

Will and and made our way in and waited with the party. A slow dance song started, Lucas and Max went to dance together, El arrived looking amazing and danced with Mike, Will went with some girl, and Dustin danced with Nancy for a bit after getting rejected and that left me alone.

That was until Dustin came up to me and asked me to dance, as friends of course but it was sweet. We danced for that song talking about whatever.

He then blurted out, "I know you like Mike." So that's what this feeling was.

"What?" I questioned.

"You like Mike, it's become obvious to me after a while. But don't worry I won't tell anyone, your secrets safe with me." He smiled at me.

I gave him a worried smile back, "Oh, yeah thanks. I'm sure it will go away soon." At least I hoped it would.

word count: 885 words

a/n: don't worry there will be another part to this, I haven't gotten to the good stuff quite yet. I hope this is well lmao
And I hope you enjoyed, part four will be published soon. :)
-Bambi