the dead talk - m.f.

Miles x fem reader

song: can i see you tonight? - eyedress

warnings: none

Narrators pov (2nd person):

You would see him, every night and every day, he would see you too, but you never spoke a word to each other. You wanted to talk to him and he wanted to talk to you too, but you never did. You stayed in the shadows of the household away from others but he seemed to find you every time. You both have never been close to each other, the closest is six feet from each other. You both would make eye contact, always expressionless, but it meant something to both of you it brought a sort of warmth to both of your hearts.

Which is weird for you, you weren't supposed to feel warmth anywhere, just cold and dark. Well, that's because you're dead. You've been dead for quite a while and you're trapped in the house. You can make contact with humans, like talking and touching and normal things, but you also could go through things and sometimes you were transparent. Your soul could never leave due to the reason of your death being unknown not just by others, but yourself as well. There could be nothing to set you free, so you roam the house you supposedly died in and mind your business as much as you can.

Keeping to yourself lasted a while until the boy came back home from school after hearing about his parents. Now, he sees you everywhere and wherever you go he's there too, you're drawn to his mysterious presence. You don't age due to being stuck in your state so you are the same age as the boy, but that will only last for a short time. You never talked to this young boy because you didn't want to scare him or be weird and he didn't talk to you because he didn't know if it was okay or not. He felt a comfort when your presence was around, he didn't know why you were there but he didn't mind. If he was acting out or feeling overwhelmed he would look to where you are and try to calm himself down. He wanted to know why you were there wherever he was but he had no clue, so he assumed you were his guardian angel.

Today was the day, today would be the day that he was going to talk to you, or at least try to. He wasn't going to use it just yet so he looked for you and wrote a small note and set it on the table not too far from you. It read:

"Hi, my name is Miles. I would like to get to know you if you don't mind."

You then take the note and write something yourself after looking at the boy, well Miles. You then wrote:

"Hi, I'm y/n. I've been wanting to talk to you for a while, so I don't mind."

You gently smile at him and he grabs the note writing something himself.

"Well that's good to hear, or read. I've seen you a lot and I've wanted to talk to you for a while too. But, I would rather us have an actual conversation instead of writing it down, do you want to come to my room later tonight?"

You grab the note and he shoots you a shy smile. You write your final response reading:

"Sure, I would like that. I'll see you soon Miles."

He takes the note and you two exchange another smile and he goes off to do his own thing. You already feel yourself follow him and he knows your following him too, but he doesn't mind it. He likes having you around whenever, especially when he need you there.

*time skip*

It's a bit later at night, maybe around 11:00 pm, and you're outside Miles' doors. You knock and you hear a faint 'come in' and you go through the door, not opening it. Luckily, he didn't see that happen due to looking through his many records. He turns around to see you and warmly smiles, he walks up to you and you two are even closer than you've ever been.

"Hi." He says softly, you think his voice is absolutely perfect.

"Hi." You say back softly, he thinks your voice is sweeter than honey.

"Wow, it feels good to actually do this. I've been wanting to talk to you since I came back home, I always seem so drawn to you. But at the same time I'm curious as to why you're here. I've been convincing myself that you my guardian angel but I'm not sure if that's true." He says looking down at you.

"Well I've wanted to talk to you for a while too, I just didn't want to startle you. I didn't want to scare you because of the fact that I'm not alive, I'm dead, I'm a ghost." You say looking down at your feet, you feel like your heart just broke because you felt bad for being dead, but at the same time he give your heart warmth, a warmth you never felt since being dead and one you shouldn't feel because you are dead.

"Oh, I see...Well, that's okay. Hey, look at me, it's gonna be alright. I still like you for you, uh- not implying that I like like you but- uh- shit- it's not implying that I don't  ?" He stumbles on his words trying to figure out how to not sound rude.

"No no don't worry about it, I get how you're feeling. I'm just as infatuated with you as well as you are with me. I'm just glad you're not scared or upset that I'm not alive." You smile feeling more warmth throughout your body and tears in your eyes.

"Am I- Am I able to hug you y/n?" You nod in response and he walks closer to you. He wraps his arms around your shoulders and head, stroking your soft hair, and you wrap your arms around his torso, gripping his sweater as if his would go away if you didn't. "It's going to be alright. I know we finally just started talking now, but I've known you for a while and you've helped me with so much, without even knowing it. I only feel comfortable with you around and I hope you know that. You may not be alive but you're still here with me and no matter what happens to us we'll be together, even if it's as a friendship or something more, we'll be together."

You haven't heard such heartfelt words in the longest time and you feel as if you're alive again, but you're not. There's so much warmth and happiness flowing through your whole body, you feel like you could explode and turn into stars. "I don't even know what to say Miles, thank you. Oh god, thank you so much. I'm happy you're here with me, I know we were meant to meet each other some way or another, we were supposed to be here together, I know it." You say while the tears stream down your cheeks and he holds you closer to his chest.

You don't sleep because you're restless and dead, but for the first time you fell into a light, comfortable sleep in his arms, in the arms of the boy who you just spoke to hours ago. He made you feel loved, or at least what you thought love was, and it felt good.

word count: 1264

a/n: this ones kinda cheesy but cute at the same time, I feel like it might be kinda rushed but I didn't know how to end it. I kinda wanna make a part two to this because I like the concept a lot, but I'm not sure, let me know if I should :)
I hope you enjoyed
-bambi