An Exchange Gone Wrong

A/N: Sorry for the long wait everyone. Life has just been crazy!  I’m going to tone down the cursing just a little for the sake of the young readers. I’m going to try and conclude this story as quick as possible, so prepare for long chapters. I’m giving this story about three more chapters at most. I have to say I like the way I’ve written this, though I’m greatly disappointed in the feedback. Coping had more reviews than this, and this is written way better. So…yeah.

Anywhoo, Merry Christmas everyone. Thanks to those who’ve reviewed and favorite/followed, please make sure to drop a review at the end of this chapter.

Chapter 6: An exchange gone wrong.

Kaylee groaned as she was slowly beginning to come to. The first thing she noticed was the throbbing pain in her head along with being bound, gagged and blindfolded. She whimpered against the gag as she was well restrained once again. Panic began to fill Kaylee as she wondered where they were taking her. A familiar feeling began to fill her up and she knew what was coming. “You’re going to give yourself another asthma attack if you don’t calm down.” Kevin whispered. “Will it help if I remove the gag?”

Kaylee nodded and stilled as Kevin reached around her head and undid the knot to the gag. The fabric slid down to her neck and she closed her mouth, feeling how chapped her lips were. “They’re going to kill me aren’t they?” She whispered back. Kevin remained silent. She wasn’t stupid. His silence was enough to answer her question.

And then she screamed.

For less than a split-second her voice echoed throughout the van. She didn’t even manage to form a proper word before Kevin’s hand clamped over her mouth and was pushed back against the van’s wall. In her blind fear, Kaylee thrashed back and forth, suddenly frustrated and angry with the situation she was in. All she wanted was just to go home.

The hand removed itself from her mouth but before she could scream once more she was backhanded hard. Her head snapped to the side and there was nothing she could to as the gag was put into place once again. Her blindfold felt wet from her tears. She’d accomplished absolutely nothing. She scolded herself for being foolish to assume that anybody could’ve heard her.

Kaylee let out a shaky breath as the van came to a stop. Panic began to fill the young teenager as she heard footsteps coming around towards the back of the van. This was it. She was finally going to meet her maker. On the bright side, she would finally get be with her mother and father. But what of Scott, she’d yet to apologize to him. How was he reacting to all of this? Not well she assumed, since he was making arrangements to bury his best friend, her father. Then was probably worrying over her like a mother hen who lost her baby chick.

Kaylee swallowed the lump in her throat when the van doors opened. She was then dragged from the van and led down a long gravel path until the four of them came to a halt. Suddenly the blindfold was ripped off and winced from the harsh light that was emitting from the car’s headlights in front of her.

As her eyes slowly adjusted to her surroundings, her eyes widen at one of two men standing in front of her, her uncle. Kaylee’s stomach dropped. He was the last person she wanted to see, she detested him for his horrible crimes. Kaylee knew exactly why he was here. He’d finally found her. Once he got his measly hands on her she would disappear off the face of the planet. Her eyes then snapped to the man standing to the right of him. She blinked back the tears that threatened to fall. He came for her after all.

“Kaylee sweetie, don’t be frightened my dear. Everything is going to be alright.” Her uncle reassured, taking a step forward towards them. Kaylee snorted at his ‘reassurance’ and glared heated daggers at the man responsible for all of this.