Captured

A/N: Okay so this is my second story. Please let me know what you think, I would love to see some feedback!

Chapter 1: Captured

??? POV

“Don’t let her get away you moron!” I heard the dark voice shout behind me.

I continued to run, darting down an alley while I was in the darkness. Skidding to a halt trying to catch my breath and praying I had enough time to get everything set up before they realized where I ran into. I kneeled down behind a dumpster and reached into my backpack, pulling out my laptop.  I opened the screen and entered the pass code near and dear to me, logging me into the front screen. I pulled up the WI-FI connections in the area and logged into an unsecure account.

I unhooked my heart shaped necklace from around my neck and pulled the heart in half revealing a small USB flash drive. I inserted the drive into the port and listened as the computer came to life. “Come on, come on…” I murmured, working my magic. “Come to me baby.” With a simple stroke of a set of keys, the transferring process had begun.

The next thing I did was probably what set of the chain of events that followed. I had intended to minimize the screen showing me the transferring process. Instead, I accidently hit a command that opened the file that was being transferred.

“No!” I hissed, trying to frantically stop the file from popping up. “Stop it!”  I glanced at the screen, trying to find the right command to stop the information from showing up. Unexpectedly, the sound of gunshots caused my hands to freeze in motion, as I watched my father’s murder happen all over again.  "Go away, go away," I whispered nervously, closing it out.

Finally, I found it, and the screen became clear again, showing only the progress bar. I rubbed my eyes, feeling overwhelmed. The transferring was complete. Before ejecting the drive, I made sure to encrypt the file, making it unreadable to anyone except those possessing special knowledge. I reached into my back pocket and pulled out the business card I received earlier and attached the encrypted file to an email, sending it to the only person I knew who would be able solve this. I just prayed he would have a change of heart.

I took a quick peek behind the dumpster and cursed silently to myself. I saw them pause before turning down the alley towards me. I added a few more details to the email and quickly hit send. I removed the flash drive and reattached it around my neck, placing it beneath my blouse. I shut my laptop and shoved it back into my backpack, hoping to make a quick escape. I had to try, even if there was the slightest chance.

I ran like a bat out of hell. I noticed the footsteps behind me had increased in speed to match my own pace. Freedom was mere feet away, but was quickly ripped away when a black van blocked my path. I backed away from the van and glanced back at my two pursuers advancing down the alleyway. My heart hammered in my throat. They were caging me in like some wild animal.

“Give it up girly!”

“There’s nowhere for you to run.”

My hand tightened firmly around the backpack strap draped in front of my chest. My head spun in the direction of the van as I heard the door quickly slide open and another man jumping out.

“You guys can’t do shit right without me around. Seriously, how fucking hard is it to catch a fifteen year old girl?” The man growled angrily reaching for some rope in the van.

Icy cold fingers gripped my arms from behind and shoved me roughly against the wall, pressing his body to mine from behind.  “Stop it!” I cried. He let out a small chuckle and turned me around. I placed my hands on his chest pushing him as hard as I could to get him off me.