The headlines - chapter 6

Chapter 6

The headlines

As I wake up, Tom is still lying against me with his arm across my stomach. I smile a little and reach out for my phone on the bedside table. Without moving, I lie back down and scroll through my social media. I do not have to look long before an article about me pops up. As such, there's often articles about me, but the headline on this one catches me, and it's not positive. "Wellington and Felton more than just colleagues?" It wonders. I sigh and click into the article. At first, I am very calm as only my Instagram photos have been uploaded. But then I scroll further down, and to my great astonishment, there is a picture of us at the restaurant yesterday and even a picture of us captured in the brief second, we kissed each other the day at the studio.

"Fuck," I mumble as I hide my head in my hand.

"What?" Tom mumbles and jerks a little, however he doesn't remove his arm from me. As he opens his eyes, he looks down at my phone. "No way," he mumbles and takes the phone out of my hand.

"I have no idea how it happened," I say, looking at Tom. "Usually, there's never paparazzi at the studio, is there?" I continue to which Tom merely shrugs his shoulders.

"I don't know," he says. I turn my gaze to the screen again. The picture of us kissing is in focus. "Well, there's nothing to do," he then says, turns off my phone and puts it away. I'm just looking at him.

"Are you not going to do anything?" I ask confused and a little panicked. Tom just shakes his head.

"What is there to do? Besides, there are still two hours until we have to film," he laughs and pulls me in to him. I can't help but laugh a little.

"And you want to lie in bed until then or what?" I laugh as I put my hand on his chest to push him away from me a little. However, we are still very close.

"Don't you want to?" he smiles sweetly. Again, his eyes catch mine. A warm feeling runs through my whole body, and my eyes become as if fastened on his.

"Well, when you say it like that," I laugh and look down a bit as I can sense I'm blushing.

"Good," Tom laughs and pulls me all the way into him. He puts his chin against my head. "Did you sleep well last night?" He mumbles. I can feel him as he gently starts cuddling my hair and down my back.

"Yes," I just mumble casually. It's really nice, I could almost get used to waking up this way every morning.

"Then I'm happy," Tom whispers and continues cuddling me.

-

We spent pretty much all morning cuddling, talking and laughing with each other. It's been really nice, I must admit. However, when we arrive at where we are going to film, the atmosphere is very different. Tom and I are in such a good mood, but as soon as we walk over to the others, the mood drops to the ground. Emma seems angry and Rupert and Daniel are hopelessly trying to comfort her.

"What's going on?" I ask, laughing a little. I tune in a little to Tom so I can feel his body against mine. Emma rolls her eyes, gets up off her seat and leaves us. I look confused at Rupert and Daniel. "What's wrong with her?" I continue, but both of them just shrug their shoulders.

"She's been angry all morning, but she says there's nothing wrong," says Daniel. I frown and look a little at her. She looks at me, but when we make eye contact, she quickly looks away.

"Typical girls," Tom laughs. I move away from him and walk over to Emma.

"What's going on?" I ask, but she just turns her back on me, which I sigh at. "Emma," I say, standing in front of her.