Traveling to LA - chapter 8

Chapter 8

Traveling to LA

"Are you sure you remembered it all?" My mother asks me once again. Smiling, I walk to her and kiss her cheek.

"Positive," I say as I lay my arms around her.

I've been so happy lately. Tom and I haven't gotten any problems yet. It's probably because we haven't hung out since the day at Rupert's apartment, but we've texted a lot. No one knows about our relationship, though. We decided that it was the best to keep it a secret for now. Until we're sure it's what we want at least. It's totally fine for me as long as I get to be in contact with him in one way or another, whenever I want to. "But how are you going to get to London?" My mother asks me as we withdraw from each other.

"Emma is picking me up. She's probably outside already," I say. Then I walk to the hall, where I get to put on my coat and my shoes. I grab my suitcase and smile to my mother. "I'll see you in a month, I guess," I mumble and smile a little. We're going on tour this month to meet up with fans, doing press interviews etc. Tom and I decided that I would go alone. Then we have some time together during the nights at least. Of course, my mom doesn't know anything about me and Tom either. I just told her I wanted to go alone, and she understood that.

"Text me every day," she says and gives my cheek another kiss.

"I will," I says smiling and then I leave.

-

"Hey beautiful," Emma says as I get into her car.

"Hi, darling," I laugh and gives her a quick hug. At the same time a message ticks in on my phone. Emma takes a look at it, but I manage to turn it over before she can peek at it.

"Okay, are we keeping secrets now?" She laughs as she starts driving.

"Of course not. It's probably just my mom sending me a stupid text about her missing me already," I laugh as I look down on my phone.

-

Tom: "Hi, darling, when will you arrive in the airport? Do we have time to talk before meeting up with the others?"

Juliette: "I'm omw already. But I arrive with Emma, so we probably can't..."

Tom: "Oh... Okay. Then I'll just have to take an extra good look at you"

Juliette: "You know you can look at me as much as you want to, right?"

Tom: "I know that. But then I'd do it every second of the day, and people would probably think I was a freak"

-

I can't help but start smiling. He can make my body warm by only sending a message like that. I can't wait to see him. I miss looking into his beautiful blue eyes, I miss feeling his body against mine in a hug and I sure as hell miss kissing his lips. Even though we didn't do it more since last time at Rupert's, but still.

"What are you smiling for?" Emma asks. I turn off my phone and turns my gaze on the road.

"I'm just excited for this trip," I laugh. Emma frowns a little.

"Why?" She laughs a bit confused. Normally, it's not like we're excited for trips like these. I mean, it's work - not a holiday. But obviously all I can think of is being with Tom.

"Well, it's my first trip alone," I say smiling. I don't know what else to say. I can't exactly tell her it's because I'm looking forward to spending every night the next month with Tom.

"Yea okay... But I thought you didn't like sleeping alone?" Emma asks. She has a lot of difficult questions today.

"I have to get over that. I mean, I can't sleep with my mother for rest of my life," I say. Emma just nods a little. I hope she's not suspicious already.