|4|

********

********

You let out a desperate moan as Billie plants a couple of soft, slow kisses onto your neck. But a few seconds later reality hits and you jump to your feet.

"I'm sorry," you splutter.

Billie stands up too, gently placing her glass onto the side table. "Don't be sorry."

"I can't just cheat."

You find yourself walking the few steps towards her, stroking your hand over her soft blonde hair and onto her cheek.

"You do realise doing the decent thing makes me want you even more." The older woman brings her hand up to meet yours.

You laugh. "Believe me, I wish I didn't feel so obligated to do the decent thing right now. It's not like Effy did the same for me."

"What? She's been unfaithful?"

You sigh as the unresolved emotional pain shoots through your stomach. "Some guy from her old job."

Billie scoffs. "She doesn't deserve your loyalty."

"Maybe not. But 2 years ago when she told me about it, I made a commitment to stay and work through it. For the first time in so long I actually respected myself for how I dealt with it. If I make the wrong choice now I'll be no better."

"Will you stay with her?"

"No. I know I'm not in love with her anymore. I tried to make it better but I can't fix this."

The older blonde places a hand on the neckline of your top, tracing over it with a slender finger. Lust burns behind her eyes as she looks back up at you. "After you've left her, will you come back to me?"

You lock eyes with her, summoning every ounce of willpower you have not to start tearing her clothes off. "What about your husband?"

"I've lost count of how many of his Secretarys he's screwed, we're nothing to eachother anymore. It's complicated."

You both jump at the sudden knock on the door. Effy walks in without waiting for a response, casting a suspicious eye over you both. "There you are! Been looking for you babe, come and meet some people."

Reluctantly, you make your way towards the door. Effy and Billie exchange sharp looks - they'd developed an instant disliking to eachother just as quickly as you'd cemented your own connection to the older woman.

You look back when you reach the doorway. "Thanks for keeping me company."

"Anytime."
__________________

End of part 4 🥴.