|5|

********

********

"What was her problem anyway? It's like she'd already decided to hate me before I arrived."

You roll your eyes. Effy had gone on about Billie the entire cab ride home and didn't seem to be letting up now you were getting ready for bed either.

"I liked her."

"I think she really liked you too. She's old enough to be your mom, so gross." She throws her necklace down onto the bedside table.

You can't stifle a laugh. "No she's not! Like it matters how old she is anyway. I think we've heard enough about your boss's wife for one night."

Effy glares at you as she tosses the bed covers back. "Surprised she didn't come onto you, she seems like the lonely desperate type."

"Effy! Can we stop talking about this, I'm tired I just want some sleep."

"Fine."

Your girlfriend turns the light off before you have a chance to get into bed and throws herself onto her side, turning her back to you.

You take a deep breath in.

Don't break up with her now, not while you're angry.

You take yourself out of the situation and make your way to the living room.

As you sit back on the couch you notice your bag on the floor and remember the pictures from the party.

I wonder how many photos I got of her.

You rummage around for your phone, noticing a card sticking out of your side pocket. It's one of Effy's business cards - she was giving them out like her life depended on it at the party.

You flick one of the gold edges and roll your eyes, but your mood changes as you flip it over and see what's written on the other side.

'When you're ready to play the game, call me.'

A wide smile spreads across your face as you scan over the number underneath.

I think I'm through doing the decent thing.
__________________

End of part 5 👀