《𝟷𝟽》

August 25, 1985
3: 45 PM

~ "Oh, and I'm sure that you being a dyke and having a major crush on this fosterling makes it your bussiness!" Sam shouted in rage, making Max's eyes widen. When the auburn-haired girl said those words, the redhead's mind went blank for a second. Like if she wanted to block out that this moment had ever happened. That El was here and she heard everything that Max was trying to keep hidden deep under the surface for so long.

~ "...Sam..." Benji said, not able to continue because he would probably start cursing at his sister. Instead of talking, he pinched the bridge of his nose with his fingers and closed his eyes for a moment while Max turned her head to the side slowly, her eyes catching El's. But as much as she expected it, the brunette didn't seem to be uncomfortable at all. She did seem to be confused though. That gave Max the strength to put herself together a bit and look back in Samantha's direction with a look full of burning flames.

~ "Fuck you." She said, grabbing her skateboard again and hesitating a bit before taking El's hand and helping her stand. The girl was having slight difficulties to balance herself due to her onlasting headache, but eventually stood up too.

~ "Come on. We're gonna make it go away, okay?" Max said, leading El away from the basketball court.

~ "Uh...I can help if you need." Benji offered, ashamed for his sister's bahaviour. Max looked back, giving him a little forced smile.

~ "It's...probably better if...we'll see you tomorrow at school?" The redhead said, an apologetic look on her face. Benji of course understood and nodded.

~ "Oh...yeah. Of course...see ya." The boy said, stepping back a few steps before waving them goodbye and walking away, leaving his sister sitting on the grass.

~ "Oh come on! You can't be mad at me because I told her the truth!" Samantha yelled after him while Max was fighting with her own mind to continue walking instead of turning around and doing something she would later regret. El was walking next to her, quiet. It looked like she was thinking about something. Her eyebrows were scrunched together while she still occasionally raised her hand to her temple and rubbed it to try and lessen the annoying pain. And as much as Max didn't feel like talking right now, she wanted to help her.

~ "...I think I know how to get rid of the headache. Come with me?" She looked at El, afraid that she won't talk to her. But to her surprise, she did.

~ "Please...it hurts." The brunette whimpered, the pulsating pain not allowing her to focus on anything else by now. Max pinched her brows together and looked around as they walked through the park. There was a gass station not far from them and Max sighed in relief. She walked with El to one of the benches in the park and sat her down on it.

~ "Wait here, alright? I'll be right back." Max said, walking towards the gas station after. When she opened the door, she heard the little bell that announced someone walked in, making the cashier lift his head up and look at her. She didn't waste any time though and made her way to the drink section. She was now glad that she brought some cash with her when she left the house in the morning. She took a water bottle for El and one for her too, since two hours of skateboarding kinda exhausted her. She then went to the cashier and paid for them before going out of the store and back to El. The girl was still sitting on the bench, looking drained to the hell's end. She thought about what would Hopper do if he saw her like this. He would probably ground El or something like that, even though it wasn't really her fault. It was Max's. She shouldn't have left her alone. If she checked on her or something, this would never happen. The redhead sat on the bench next to El, handing her one of the bottles.

~ "Here. Drink this. The headache should go away in no time." Max said in low voice, seeing El take the bottle. The brunette watched it for a while, unsure if this would help. She already felt full from drinking the beer but...if Max says that this will help, she's gonna do it. Anything to get rid of that pain. So, El opened the bottle and took a few gulps. The water was nice and cold. If it didn't help with the headache, it would at least lessen the awful taste that was left in her mouth after drinking the alcohol.