Pt.1

It was a late Friday night and the weekend was finally here. It was 11 pm when I sat in the common room alone catching up on past reading in potions I hadn't done yet. As I continued to read on, I saw an unfamiliar owl perched on an open window sil.

I got up to check if there was some sort of identification of the bird. My question was quickly answered.

The bird was holding a perfectly sealed envelope, forest green seal with a snake stamped into it.

"Mhmm great" I mumbled sarcastically to myself. I turned around to check that no one was creeping about, thankfully I was alone. But when I turned back to face the owl, it had already taken flight and out of sight.

I sat down on the arm of the couch as I peeled the letter open.

In neat handwriting wrote my name followed by:

"Saturday night, Slytherin common room party at 12:00. Many people will be there so don't run around inviting your little friends."

Why would a Slytherin invite me to their party. Then I read on....

"D. M."
That's when panic struck and I started pacing the room.

Why would Draco Malfoy invite me to a party?! Why does he want me there? It's a trap. It's for sure a trap. When I walk in he'll have his wand out and he will use the killing curse on me. You're not going. You're not doing this. You won't have yourself killed just to see what their common room is like nope nope nope.

I looked back down at the paper one last time and shoved it in my potions book. I crept up the stairs into my dorm, shoved the book under my bed and went to sleep without an easy conscious.

(A/n. Sorry this chapter is so short. The next ones will be much longer 😌)