Hope's peak academy

Magnificent silver gates, glistening in the sun.
A huge building towering over me, casting shadows upon all of its surroundings.
The average person would be intimidated. But instead of sparking fear in my heart, a feeling of importance and perhaps arrogance arises.

Hope's Peak Academy, an extremely elite school, meant only for the best of the best. It was only natural that I'd get in, but even still, it is.... exhilarating.
Graduating from here guarantees success in life, and with that success, I might be able to finally reach for my dream.
Everyday, it grows closer and closer... I must just push a little further, work a little harder. Graduating shall be exceptionally easy, but I need to do the very best that I can possibly do. Because this place is the key to all I've ever wanted, and I will do everything and anything to make sure it doesn't fail me.

I straighten my extensions and fluff out my skirt, preparing my fake persona.
"Alright... Hope's Peak Academy, hear I come."

I take a step through the gates, and a sharp pain shoots through my chest. I gasp for breath and my head begins to spin, my vision twisting and turning. I reach out to the gate, but I grab only air.
The world collapses, and I'm left in cold darkness.