the day he changed

Toby POV

I got to go home today,me and mom.

Dad didn't come and visit us ONCE,not even to see Lyra,do DRUNK TO DRIVE...

We're in the car right now,mom and me.I'm in the back right seat,head laying on the window.the tree passing by are pretty illuminating.

I twitch every once and a while and my mom looks at me through the rear view mirror.

Its late at night so the head light are on shining on the rainy road.

That day keeps playing in my head over and over again.the sound of glass shattering,lyra screaming.then I see her face...covered in blood,glass sticking in her skin...

A tear rolls down my cheek.

Once we arrive how,my mom pulls into the drive way and my dad is waiting in the drive way for us.

My mom gets out of the car and walks over to my side to open the door for me,passing my dad off.

"What,no welcome back hug?"my dad asks my mom.

She doesn't respond but opens the door.

"He's sixteen,he can open the door by himself"dad says as I step out.

"Seventeen"my mom replies,grabbing my hand to walk in the house and take me to my room.

"Yeah,I'm seventeen, I c-can take myself to my room"I say,pulling my hand away from my mom and walking into my house and up to my room.

My parents follow me in and g to the kitchen t make dinner.

I sit on my comfortable be and look out the window,just staring at nothingness,that when I hear a loud buzzing noise.

I cover my ears and shut my eyes tightly,when I open my eyes back up I look out the window.

What I see terrified me.

A really tall man standing by the lightpole,about as tall as it.

"I must be REALLY tired" I say to myself laying down.

I close my eyes and sleep takes me over.

Rachel POV

My parents told me toby left the hospital and is coming home tonight.

His mom said that it was okay for me to go over tomorrow as long as I don't talk about rachel.

I pet my cat winter,a white fluffy she cat with blue eyes.

I've been talking to her since Toby's been in the hospital because I've no one to talk to.

I think we've become pretty close.

I talk to her about Toby all the time,I this she understand how much I miss him...

That's silly,she's a cat,not human.

"Well,we should probably go to bed huh winter."I say picking her up.

She purrs a rubs her head against my arm as I walk to my bed room and sett her down on my bed.

I lay in the bed,already in my pajamas,and close my eyes.

"Good night winters,good night Toby"I say before sleep pulls me away.

Toby POV

I wake up and look out the window,wondering if that strange man is still there.

Its very bright out so it must be afternoon or something.I don't care,at least that creepy guy isn't there anymore...

I walk downstairs when I smell food.

"Good morning sweetie,or after noon I suppose"my mom says when I get downstairs.

"Why d-didn't you wake m-me?"I ask my mom plainly.

"I just didnt wanna bother you,so I let you sleep"my mom answers setting my waffles on the table.

My mind suddenly goes blank and I get my plate and sit at the counter next to my dad and place my hand on his.

He smacks my hand.

"Just what do you think your doing boy!?"he yells at me.

My mind comes back to me and I quickly move away from him and run up to my room.

Thats when I hear my parents screaming at eachother,arguing.

I zone out,thinking about that weird guy I saw last night by the light pole.

I shake my head.its nothing...right?just my imagination...

There's a knock at the door.

My parents stop screaming at eachother finally and my mom answers the door and then calls for me.

I don't reply,hoping she would drop it.

My mom runs up to my room."toby,Rachel's here,she wants to see you"

I lift a hand as a signal to say its fine and she runs downstairs and tells Rachel she can come up here.

A few seconds later,Rachel knocks on my door.

I don't say anything and so she pushes the door open.

"Hey toby"she says.

I smile a fake smile and look back out the window

Rachel POV:

I knock on Toby's door and there's no reply so I open it and walk in.

Its really dark in there but I leave it because I suppose that's how toby wants it.

"Hey toby"I say softly,so not to spook him.

He replies with a smile...I looks,so sad...he then turns and looks out the window again.

Its as if he's thinking about something that's out there.

I sit on his bed next to him.

I look at him and what I saw was sickening.

Toby was chewing his fingers,but not just like small bites,no,he was CHEWING his fingers so badly they were bleeding.

"TOBY,STOP THAT!"I  shout,making nothing happen.

Toby's mom runs up to his room "what's going on!?"she yells before her face whitens."toby!stop that!"she yells,running to toby and grabbing his arms*"hold his arms like this for me while I go get the first aid kit"his mom tells me.

I grab his arms and his mom runs out.

When she comes back,toby has given up struggling.

Toby's mpm wraps his hands in gauze,and A LOT of it too.

The blood soaks through the bandages almost emediately.

His mom kisses his forehead an hugs him,then walks out of the room.

"Toby,Im gonna go now"I say.

When I hear no reply,I hughp him and then run out.

"Bye toby"I say before turning to walk down the stairs and out the door to go home,happy that he said bye too.

_____________________________________________
A/N
Sorry for taking so long to update,that's why I gave you a bit of a long chapter.