voices

Toby POV:

I sit on my bed near my window,as usual,staring blankly out,when suddenly I hear it again,that static.
I move away from the window and cover my ears,tightly shutting my eyes,trying to block out the noise.
I lay my head on my pillow,still covering my ears and the noise gets quieter.
I uncover my ears and lay on my bed,facing the wall,trying to fall asleep when there's a knock on my door.
"Toby,Rachel's here"she says locking on my door.
I don't reply,hoping she'll leave me alone.
There's talking outside of my door,when suddenly,the door opens,letting in a small amount of light.
I go still and pretend to be asleep.
"Toby?..."Rachel says in her sweet voice,as she come to sit on my bed.
She's been fairly supportive of me since what happened to lyra,coming to my house everyday and talking to me knowing I'm not gonna respond to her.
I twitch at the feel of her touching my arm.
"I'm gonna go toby,love you..."she says as I feel the bed lift back up.
I smile a little for the first time hearing her say those last words.
(Le time skip because I can)
"Toby!,its time for dinner!"my mom yells from downstairs.
I get up and walk down the stairs as slow as I can.
Once I get down there,I sit at the take opposite of my dad and my mom sits down beside me,placing my plate in front of me.
All I can do is stare at my food,I don't feel like eaing a thing at the moment,my dad starts harassing my mom already,she is sitting there eating an listening to him go on and on about how horrible of a wife she is every day.
I don't get it,why can't we just leave?...
It could be just me an her,we wouldn't have to worry about dad anymore,we could finally live a free life,away from all the harassment.
"Toby"my dad says in a stern and angry voice.
I look at him as to acknowledge that he's speaking.
"Go to your room,NOW"
I get up quickly,glad to be able to escape that and run to my room.
Sitting on my bed all I can hear is my parents screaming at eachother.why can't it just stop?
I sit up for a long time,listening to my dad explaininghow much of a mistake I am,its not like I disagree or anything...
When its finally over,my mom comes to my room,crying"toby,its time to go to sleep"
"OK,goodnight m-mom"I say as she walks away.
I turn to my side,closing my eyes and fall asleep.
(Time skip to 12:00pm)
"Toby,get rid of him,toby,go,you can do it,I know you can"
I wake up hearing the voices again"wh-what are you talking about?..
"Ur dad toby,go on DO IT ALREADY"
I hear the static noise,really loud and jump up
"Ok,ok I'm up,what do you want?"
"Do it toby,get rid of him,you said it yourself,you want him out of your life,don't you?"
"Yeah,I guess yur right..."
"So do it then,go,its simple,just kill him"
"Your right,I do need to kill him,that's how I'm going to get rid of him"I get up slowly,carefully not to make a noise and walk to my door way.
I can hear the TV on,indicating that my dad is awake.
"Perfect"I whisper to myself as I tip toe down the hall to the stair way.
I then walk down the stairs,skipping the creaky ones and walk to the kitchen.
Once I'm in the kitchen,I grab a knife from the knife block,slowly and carefully,as to not make a noise.
I then,walk to the living room and stand in front of my dad,knife in hand.
"Move out of the way boy..."I laugh as his face goes white"toby?..."
I step closer to him,laughing a bit.
"Toby,what are you doing?"he says as he gets up.
As soon as he gets up,I lunge at him,knocking him to the floor.
"I SAID WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!"
"S-something I should have done a long time ago..."I say before stabbing him.
Blood splats on my face and he hollors in pain.
I laugh and stab him again,blood swelling at the wounds.
I stab him again and again,he chokes on blood coming out of his mouth.
He goes limp and I sit on his stomach,when suddenly I hear my mom scream.
"TOBY!!,WHAT DID YOU DO!?"
I look at her startled as she pulls out her phone.
She starts dialing numbers and puts her phone up to her ear,as soon as she starts explaining I get up and run to the garage.
There I find a container of gas and matches.
I click on the garage door opener and as I walk out,I see two of my fathers hatchets,an old rusty one and a new orange one.
I grab them both and start running out,I open the container and begin spilling it contents along the road.
Once I reach the end of the street,I hear sirens an see flashing lights.
I quickly drop the container and light one of the matches and quickly drop it on the gas,quickly igniting it,setting the street to flame.
There I am consumed by flame,all I can hear is my mom,holloring my name and sirens,the police trying to calm my mom down to get information on the incident,the last face I see though,is rachel.
I see her looking at my mom,eyes wide,then to the fire...
Then everything goes black.