sleepover

• Dedicated to ticcitoby

rachel pov.

This is it,I'm gonna tell Toby how I actually feel about him.I think to myself.

"toby..I,I like you..."

He laughs,"I know,t-that's why we're f-friends"

"no toby,not that way...I mean,I LIKE you."I say getting angry.

"Ooooohh.I like you too,i-in that way"he says blushing.

I laugh a little.

"Well,goodnight"toby says before turning and facing the opposite way and falling asleep.

I sigh and walk out of his room and back to Lyra's room.

Toby POV.

I listen to Rachel as she says that she likes me.my heart quickens because,now I know we like eachother the same.

"Well,goodnight"I say and turn around to "go to sleep."

I hear Rachel's foot steps walking out of my room and I open my eyes,getting up.

I walk to my window and open,quietly it,jumping out and run to the woods.

I go out here at night to think sometimes.

I go to my tree house that me and lyra built together and climb up in it and lay down on my back to look up at the star strewn sky.

"Does she really l-like me?"I aslk myself.

Then I fall asleep.

I wake up early in the morning to see the sky is a cream color by now.

I get up and start to walk quickly to my window and climb up the tree,across the branch,and into my window.

I quickly shut my window and lay down in my bed,covering up with my blanket acting as tho I'm sleeping.

Rachel walks in."good morning toby"she says softly.

I groan,pretending to be tired.

She laughs,and then I hear heavy footsteps,and before I know it,she has jumped on me.

I let out a huff of air,trying to catch my breath.

Rachel laughs"get up sleepy butt!"she giggles again

"Ugh,fine"I say getting up and walking out of my room.

"Maybe we can have waffles for breakfast"I say to rachel,glancing at her

"I love waffles"she replies.

I go to the freezer and get some waffles out."how m-many you want?"I ask her.

"I'll take two"she says,so I pop four in the toaster.

When they pop out,I give her hers and give her syrup and butter.then I pop four more in the toaster.

"Are those all for you toby?"I hear rachel say unbelievingly.

"Yes,yes indeed they are"I say as they pop up.

She just giggles and starts eating.

Rachel POV.

I can smell the scents of the woods on him.

Maybe he went out for a while last night,that's probably why he's so tired.

I ignore it and eat my waffles and then look over at toby to see him stuffing waffles in his mouth that are coated in syrup.

I roll my eyes playfully.

Once we finish eating, we go and clean up.

For the rest of the time I'm there,wich is only to 12:00am,we talk and wrestle

With eachother.

(Time skip to 12:00am)

"Bye toby"I say walking out the door,waving to him.

"Bye r-rachel"he replies,waving back.