Chapter 7

"Are we sure we're going in the right direction?" Mokey asked.

Pepper looked at her. "Why would they lie to us? They saved us from the dog. If they wanted us to die they would have let the dog tear us apart." She pointed out.

"But what if they don't know where Laird lives?" Mokey meowed.

"They have to." Pepper told her. "They seemed like they knew him and that he was a friend."

Raven thought they were telling the truth as well. They seemed like they were anyways.

"I believe them." Violet announced.

"So do I." Butters agreed.

"Let's just keep moving!" Cinnamon snapped. "We have no time for chats!"

Raven noticed Violet roll her eyes at Butters and Pepper and Mokey exchange an awkward glance.

Why did Cinnamon have to be so grumpy? Raven wondered.

The cats were getting close to the Stonepath now. Raven could see it through the trees. Though, would there be any Bright Lights on it?

But, Raven didn't see any when they got up to the path.

"We are gonna have to cross." Cinnamon meowed confidently.

"I'll go first." Pepper told her. She looked left to right for any Bright Lights and when there was none, she stalked across the Stonepath and made it safely to the other side.

Then, it was Mokey's turn. As soon as she sat paw on the path, a Bright Light came into sight.

She squeaked, leaped back in alarm, and watched as the Bright Light drove past.

Then, when it was gone, she raced across the path and made it to the other side.

Cinnamon went across next, then Butters, and then Violet.

Finally it was Raven's turn.

Raven cautiously padded out onto the Stonepath.

He then noticed a Bright Light heading straight for him!

He crouched in the middle of the Stonepath, eyes wide with fear.

"Move!" Cinnamon hissed at him from the other side.

But, Raven couldn't move. He was too afraid.

Cinnamon then bounded out onto the Stonepath, grabbed the scruff of Raven's neck, and dragged him back to the other side.

She dropped Raven down and they watched as the Bright Light drove past.

Cinnamon turned to glare at him. "What in MoonClans name were you thinking?" She snapped. "You could've been killed!"

Raven glanced down at his paws. "I was afraid." He admitted. "I've never seen a Bright Light before."

Cinnamon just snorted and Violet rested her tail on her shoulder. "Be nice to him. He is only a kit remember?"

Cinnamon glared at Violet. "Then why did we bring him on this journey?" She hissed. "He should've stayed home with Onyx!"

Raven's fur began to prickle self consciously.

"Violet's right."

Raven snapped his head around to see Butters. "He is only a kit. And he had to come on this journey. A MoonClan cat said so. You can't argue with MoonClan surely?"

"I suppose not." Cinnamon grunted.

"Then let's keep moving." Butters meowed and the cats set off again.

"Is the train close?" Raven asked.

"I don't see it." Pepper replied

"Perhaps we missed it?" Violet meowed.

Butters shook his head. "We couldn't have. Those Clowder cats said it would be here."

"What if they were wrong?" Mokey asked, fear rounding her amber eyes.

Pepper rolled her eyes playfully and wrapped her tail around her friends shoulders.

"Let's just keep moving and see where it takes us." Cinnamon told them.

Raven noticed that Violet was looking more plump than usual.

The gray siamese she-cat was walking confidently with her tail and head held high.

Perhaps she was eating too much?

"I see it!" Raven heard Pepper yowl.

"What?" Mokey asked, bounding up to stand at Pepper's side. "See what?"

"The train!" Pepper meowed.

Butters, Cinnamon, and Violet padded up to see what Pepper was meowing about.

Raven followed them. He peered through ferns to see a massive Bright Light with gleaming yellow eyes slicing through the rain. Was that the train?

"Come on!" Pepper called to them, dashing over to the train.

Cinnamon was the first cat to get on, then Butters.

When Violet leaped, she barely made it and Butters and Cinnamon had to haul her up.

Mokey snatched up Raven by the scruff and leaped up, sitting him down once she made it on the train.

Pepper was last.

Raven looked down at Pepper. "Come on you can do it!" He urged her.

Pepper bunched her muscles and leaped. But, she was only halfway up. Her hindquaters were dangling over the ledge.

Raven widened his eyes as he heard a loud howl from the train. He heard from Mokey that that meant the train was about ready to move.

He noticed Cinnamon lunge forward to grab Pepper by the scruff but, before she could, the train began to move.

Pepper looked up at them, her green eyes glistened with sadness. "I'm sorry." She whispered. "Oreo was right. I shouldn't have came on this journey."

Raven shook his head. "But you were destined to come!" He pointed out. "I know you are an elder but we need you!"

Pepper turned her head away and all of a sudden let go of the ledge.

She disappeared in a flash of gray and white fur.

Raven peered around to see if he could see Pepper anywhere but he caught no glimpse of the familiar gray and white fur.

Raven turned to his companions. Mokey buried her head into Cinnamon's shoulder, sobbing. Violet and Butters exchanged a worried look. Pepper was gone.