𝘃𝗶𝗶𝗶. 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗹𝗼𝗿𝗲𝗹𝗲𝗶.

𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴 𝙲𝙷𝙴𝙴𝚁𝚂 𝙵𝙾𝚁 𝙻𝙾𝚁𝙴𝙻𝙴𝙸
━━┊❛ [ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧 ] ❜┊━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

    𝗟𝗢𝗥𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗜 𝗦𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗘𝗗 𝗔𝗦 she stood in the hallway of Whitechapel high. The rest of the school had made their way to the pep rally and Lorelei was waiting for Benny's grandma to meet up with her. Lorelei had asked her to come and stand by thinking they needed all the magical backup they could get.

          She also was avoiding the two boys. It wasn't her smartest plan and Benny's grandma had given her a pointed look when she ran out of the house this morning instead of going with her to inform Ethan and Benny of the protection wands they had found and turned into pompoms, but it was the best her brain could come up with when it came to expressing her emotions. Which she was never good at.

       "You've been avoiding me again." Another surprise appearance in her life from Scott Graham, who in all honesty she completely forgot existed. Between the witchcraft and her last run-in with the demon animals, she really had no time to play their game anymore.

      Lorelei crossed her arms. "I told you I was busy." It was such a poor excuse but it still was the only one she had. Granted she actually hasn't been avoiding him, she was just still dealing with keeping their town from being a huge mess, but she couldn't exactly tell him that.

        The jock only scoffed. "Yet you have enough time to hang out with Ethan Morgan?" He questioned. The balance between her popularity and the supernatural parts of her life was beginning to tip. Everyone had noticed the change in Lorelei. She had been showing up to their parties less and less or even really talking to them, but she always had time to stop and interact with Ethan Morgan and Benny Weir.

           "I babysit his little sister." Just like she had said before. Scott gave her a look. He wasn't buying the babysitting act anymore. Sure, it had worked for a minute but he had seen them interact. Scott was beginning to think she liked hanging out with them. "He's my friend." She said simply.

He raised an eyebrow. "You know sometimes it looks like you actually like the kid."

     Lorelei rolled her eyes. "Why does it matter? Why does any of it matter?" She asked ignoring his accusation. The deeper she got into this magical stuff the less the high school status mattered. She had already been kicked off the cheer squad and maybe that was for the best.

        "He's a total geek Lori!" He was fed up. There was no way he was losing the attention of one of the hottest girls in school to a loser like Ethan Morgan. The things that would do to his reputation.

              Before Lorelei could make a comeback someone cleared their throat. The two turned to look at who had interrupted. Ethan. Well, Ethan dressed as Veronica. Lorelei couldn't wait until this was over so the image of Ethan in a cheer uniform would never appear in her mind again.

     "She looks like she needs to talk to you." He said gesturing to Ethan, well Veronica. "I'll talk to you later," Scott said before sauntering off.

       Lorelei watched him go wondering why she didn't feel sad at the thought of losing Scott in her life. She had liked him once, but it just felt like those feelings whatever they were, were long gone.